Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams?
Course Hero has been helpful for studying. I'm wondering if it would be worth the cost to join for help with the final Straighterline exams. Anyone a paying customer of Corse hero?
***GOAL***Confusedeeya: Bachelors Healthcare Management WGU, MBA Concentration in Healthcare WGU

STRAIGHTERLINE
Sociology101
Organizational Behavior
English Comp 1
The Principles of Management
Business Law 110
Psychology 101
Business Ethics
Biology101
Philosophy
Principles of Accounting
College Algebra
SAYLOR
Environmental Ethics
CCA LVN 2011:coolgleam:
I personally think that all the materials within the Straighterline course and the exams, midterms will be great reviews for most courses. If you happen to be taking courses with an open book exam, nothing more is required.
For the proctored final, they will ask you if you would like to use a sheet of personal notes, I keep saying no as the resources from the text is sufficient, if you want that sheet for extra help, prepare one...

If you are wanting to find out what courses are easiest or best, I would recommend taking courses with 4-6 exams, midterm and open book final that is 20-30%, or any closed book exam with a final grade weighted worth less than 20%. The next best are courses with a closed book exam worth 30% or less, this way, you virtually pass the class when you take the final.

Just look for their grading criteria in their course details/outline or syllabus, and this link for open book exams.
Online Exam Proctoring Details by Course | StraighterLine
View the bottom of this page for etextbooks or text that SL uses, if you have the right edition for open book exams, you are good to go. Shop eTextbooks & Textbooks for Online Courses | StraighterLine

An example of how well I did and am doing on both open book and closed book courses.
Medical Terminology: Final Grade 99%, I had one exam at 98% and open book proctored final at 98%, done in 3 days. Essentially, I did all the exams in two and a half days and final the third day, as I booked it immediately when I took the course.

Microbiology: I bombed the first exam and had 85% the second exam, after redoing the initial exam and completing midterm and additional exams, I am at 95% with the CLOSED book exam tomorrow. So, by calculation, I have 95% of 80 which is 76%. Essentially, I can get 0% tomorrow and have 76% final grade, but for personal reasons, I shoot for 90% or higher in every course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-02-2016, 09:26 AM)onmygo Wrote: Course Hero has been helpful for studying. I'm wondering if it would be worth the cost to join for help with the final Straighterline exams. Anyone a paying customer of Corse hero?

I looked into CourseHero just to find info about the paper for ENG-298.

In the end it is worth the money if it helps. I do not see it not recommended, as it offers the same way of preparing as Quizlet. 

In the end it is up to a student's integrity on how they use their study material.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,583 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Is an Ivy Education Worth It? Imbanewbie 2 572 05-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New poll shows that majority of Americans now think college isn't worth the cost LevelUP 11 1,167 04-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,072 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is it worth getting a BA degree after getting a BS degree? nomaduser 5 811 12-23-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Is Double Majoring Worth It? LevelUP 8 915 09-13-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,386 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Tableau Certification; is it worth it? ifomonay 1 623 07-16-2022, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,396 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch