• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Tech Online Master Degree Computer Science $7K
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/upshot....html?_r=0
hoffdeb Wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/upshot....html?_r=0

What a great find!
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
At least one forum member is taking this program and a few are interested in it.
Davewill has it on his signature. I would love to head into a degree from them...
But I have my eyes on a BSBA and MBA at the moment. Thanks for the post/reminder.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes, I got in and started my first class this semester. However, work was flying me all over the place, and I decided to withdraw, at least for this semester. If you really want to learn about the program I recommend the Google+ group. There is a thriving community there that is every bit as friendly and helpful as this one.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Yes, I got in and started my first class this semester. However, work was flying me all over the place, and I decided to withdraw, at least for this semester. If you really want to learn about the program I recommend the Google+ group. There is a thriving community there that is every bit as friendly and helpful as this one.

That's too bad you had to withdraw. Hopefully you'll be able to get back into it soon.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:That's too bad you had to withdraw. Hopefully you'll be able to get back into it soon.
We'll see. It's not something I feel that I need the way I felt a need for the BACS. I'm not sure if I have the motivation to make it happen.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

davewill Wrote:We'll see. It's not something I feel that I need the way I felt a need for the BACS. I'm not sure if I have the motivation to make it happen.

I'm in the same boat with this except I'm trying to decide whether or not to apply at all. The OMSCS will stress my family life, free time, and job for years. Even if I were single, I would hesitate at this time commitment. You can tell from my tone that I'm probably not going to apply for OMSCS.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
They have an acceptance rate under 53%. Heres a thread on people that got accepted. Wonder if they accept people from non traditional learning paths like the Big 3? TESC/OAK/Excelsior

https://www.reddit.com/r/OMSCS/comments/...ns_thread/
inf Wrote:They have an acceptance rate under 53%. Heres a thread on people that got accepted. Wonder if they accept people from non traditional learning paths like the Big 3? TESC/OAK/Excelsior

Yes. (See sig).

Longer answer, the bachelor's by itself might not be enough, but if you have some experience as well, it should be a slam dunk. I don't believe that the source of your bachelor's matters very much. Also that number is compiled from people who posted in the Reddit thread, it is not the actual acceptance rate. Anyway, if you read through that thread (more helpful might be the linked Fall 2016 thread) you will quickly get a good idea of who's getting in and who isn't.

[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • studiousimp
inf Wrote:They have an acceptance rate under 53%. Heres a thread on people that got accepted. Wonder if they accept people from non traditional learning paths like the Big 3? TESC/OAK/Excelsior

It would be the definition of irony for a distance learning graduate program to reject an applicant because of a distance learning undergraduate degree, no? Now, if you have a BA in Social Justice and minor in finger painting with no experience in the field, I think your chances are low. The acceptance rate may be about 1/2, but how many of those applicants have completely irrelevant majors and no experience? Remove them from the heap, readjust, and you have a more useful statistic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,727 535,166 Yesterday, 12:16 PM
Last Post: lamlai
  Ms data science for 15k Imbanewbie 15 1,577 04-16-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,083 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 7 393 04-13-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,437 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 333 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 187 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 596 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 216 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 491 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77