Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU International Buisness AOS credits?
Was just wondering what would be some options if I opted to make my AOS international Buisness rather then General Managemt. I'm still completing Gen ed/ buisness requirements at the moment and haven't done anything in my area of study yet, so I'm contemplating my options as I'm moving abroad next year and this could be better. TESU has this listed:

Required Subjects (6)
Introduction to International Business
Choose one of the following: International Economics, International Finance or International Marketing*

Electives (12)
International Accounting
International Monetary Systems
International Transportation
Import-Export Management
Law and Multinational Business
Management of Foreign Operations
Multinational Entry Strategies

I see on Study.com they have Intro to International Buisness as well as International Finance, so the required ones are covered. But I'm not sure about the electives.
Unfortunately, the two Study.com courses are not approved for ACE credit. When you are looking at their courses, only the ones with the little green medal are ACE approved.

Use this guide to help with what courses are approved at TESU:
https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
Oh, that's really unfortunate. After reading around some more I found the study.com Globalization and International Management should work for Intro to International Buisness, but I still can't seem to find any information on what would cover the Electives or International Finance/economy/marketing requirement.
CSU Global has a few challenge exams that might work. You would want to check with TESU first though.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/prog...tions/cbes
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
This degree was not test-out-able, due to not being able to find enough inexpensive courses to fulfill the degree. It was one of those things where someone might have taken courses at a 4-yr college in the past, and is now going back to school and this degree kind of fits with what they already have. And, luckily, CSU-Global added some CBE's in the last few months, and now it might make it doable.

The first thing I think you have to do is take the Business in Society TECEP so that the Study.com Globalization and International Management course could be used in the AOS (if possible).

Then, you could try the following:

CSU-Global ($250/exam):
Comparative Economics and Global Business 1800-Present
Management in the Global Economy
Communication in the Global Information Age
International and Multi-Cultural Marketing
Entrepreneurship in the Global Age

Penn Foster ($299/course)
International Business

[I]APU has an International Finance course, as well as a couple of others if you wanted to look at them ($810/course)

Obviously, you would have to get the courses pre-approved into your degree plan to make sure that they would all count. But it's certainly worth a shot.
[/I]
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks a lot everyone! It might be a long shot, but Ill try contacting TESU and see if any of those would fit in. For sure Gen Management would be easier and cheaper, but in the long run if it was possible I'd like to see what I could do for this. Always good to have options available and the CSU courses aren't crazy expensive. I'll contact them and let everyone know what the verdict is on that.
(12-03-2016, 06:25 PM)strawberryxfuzz Wrote: Thanks a lot everyone! It might be a long shot, but Ill try contacting TESU and see if any of those would fit in. For sure Gen Management would be easier and cheaper, but in the long run if it was possible I'd like to see what I could do for this. Always good to have options available and the CSU courses aren't crazy expensive. I'll contact them and let everyone know what the verdict is on that.

I know this is pretty old threas, but strawberryxfuzz did you have any luck testing out of this plan? 

I'm trying to do the same thing, but can't seem to find a great deal of info on the international business AOS in the forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore