Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
308 Globalization and International Management - Study.com
Hello All,

I am looking at tips for writing the case study's involved for this class. The 4 1500-2000 word case study's seem a bit overwhelming and I am not sure where to even start. I have some more lessons to get through before I start these but I am looking to get the first one done tomorrow. Any tips would be appreciated. I am considering switching the study.com course to something else and just trying the Business and Society TECEP instead. Your thoughts are all appreciated. Thanks.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I took this course and the essay was really easy! I wrote mine in like an hour and they gave me a pretty high score on it. I wrote about culture differences and how you need to be aware of them when taking your business abroad. I got a 92 on the course as a whole.
If you're thinking of switching from study.com because of other reasons *cough new quiz grading policy cough* then that might be better for you but I definitely wouldn't switch because of the essay. If anything I think the essay makes the course easier because you get points for it and then you don't have to do quite as well on the final.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I took this course and the essay was really easy! I wrote mine in like an hour and they gave me a pretty high score on it. I wrote about culture differences and how you need to be aware of them when taking your business abroad. I got a 92 on the course as a whole.
If you're thinking of switching from study.com because of other reasons *cough new quiz grading policy cough* then that might be better for you but I definitely wouldn't switch because of the essay. If anything I think the essay makes the course easier because you get points for it and then you don't have to do quite as well on the final.

you keep saying essay but this course is requiring 4 essays. all are 1500-2000 words each. If it was just one essay I would be fine with that but 4 seems a bit over the top

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:you keep saying essay but this course is requiring 4 essays. all are 1500-2000 words each. If it was just one essay I would be fine with that but 4 seems a bit over the top

Oh wow they must have changed the syllabus since I took it on 9/10/16. I only had to do one. Yeah 4 is pretty overkill, even if they are easy that's still super time consuming.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Oh wow they must have changed the syllabus since I took it on 9/10/16. I only had to do one. Yeah 4 is pretty overkill, even if they are easy that's still super time consuming.

That's the thing they aren't even easy to do, requires 3 outside sources. 1 must be from a professional journal.

Synicaal Wrote:That's the thing they aren't even easy to do, requires 3 outside sources. 1 must be from a professional journal.

Yeah that's way different then when did mine. I basically just had to ramble about the some stuff I learned on the course.
Is there a different course or exam I could take in place of this course? CLEP, DSST or SL? I'm going for a BS in General Management at TESU
I'm glad I came across this post. I planned to take this course and overlooked those case studies. Four 1500-2000 word papers are little excessive. I'm definitely steering clear!
omnk522 Wrote:Is there a different course or exam I could take in place of this course? CLEP, DSST or SL? I'm going for a BS in General Management at TESU

Business in Society TECEP is the only other course that I know of that will fulfill the requirement.
I have to say, all these changes do not inspire confidence in study.com. I hope they read these threads and learn from them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,361 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,744 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 251 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue