Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statistics, think TESU will give me credit for this class?
I took Econ 2370 at the University of Houston, in '93 or '94. Then it was called Economic Measurement and Analysis, and I took it to satisfy my major's stats requirement. Tough class for me at the time, tougher prof, do not recall if I got a C or C-. Anyway, on my xscript eval TESU calls it Eco376, and lumps it with my "Other" electives.

The only GenEd requirement I am missing for my BSBA GM is Intro to Stats. Do you think I should ask if they will give me Stats credit for it? I could do Saylor stats for $25 to get the credits, but it might be a time-intensive class for me. Who would I talk to about it and how would I present my request?

I have no notes from the class I took 25 years ago : )

Here is what U of H currently has as the description on their website:
"ECON 2370: Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
Cr. 3. (3-0). Prerequisite: completion of MATH 1310 or equivalent or consent of instructor. Introduction to descriptive statistics, probability models, statistical inference, and hypothesis testing. Introduction to real world statistics for any behavioral science student, including economics, demography, political science or psychology."
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Simply prepare an email that states your case, exactly as you've done here. Include the course description blurb as above and attach the course syllabus. Quick call to the school can even get you the document from the year you took the course if not the same. Note some courses have time restrictions, not sure if stats is one of them.

send to: registrar@tesu.edu

Procedures and Appeal Guidelines for Transfer Credit Evaluations
Degree Requirements, Sequential Course Work and Course Repeat Policy

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Simply prepare an email that states your case, exactly as you've done here. Include the course description blurb as above and attach the course syllabus. Quick call to the school can even get you the document from the year you took the course if not the same. Note some courses have time restrictions, not sure if stats is one of them.

send to: registrar@tesu.edu

Procedures and Appeal Guidelines for Transfer Credit Evaluations
Degree Requirements, Sequential Course Work and Course Repeat Policy

I totally agree- they do the evaluations based on the prefix (ECON) but if you go farther, I'd bet a dollar that you'll get it.
I took a course called Food Cost Accounting that had a CUL prefix, and they gave me accounting credit for it when they rec'd the catalog course description.
TESU changed several of my courses after I appealed. I called the department at the school where I took the courses and asked for the syllabus, they emailed them to me right away, from the year that I took them (1988). Apparently they keep all that crap!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:TESU changed several of my courses after I appealed. I called the department at the school where I took the courses and asked for the syllabus, they emailed them to me right away, from the year that I took them (1988). Apparently they keep all that crap!

That's wild, who'da thought?

I'll contact my old school tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
I tried to call U of H, but was getting nowhere. I pulled some course info from the web and made my appeal to TESU. Got credit for Statistics within 24 hrs of the request.

Thanks! Big Grin
IN PROGRESS:

DONE:

MBA
[-] The following 4 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • allvia, cookderosa, mc.christi, Yenisei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,024 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,323 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,818 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore