Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to Stats
Need some help with stats! It's the last math class I need for my psych degree. Willing to ship you a king cake from Louisiana or a painting of my pugs as compensation. Private message me if you're able to help!
LOL, that's awesome. I was having issue with STATS as well. I tried ALEKS for a whole two months on that one course, switching from each of the three back and forth.
I gave up after a while and went at it over and over again, but it didn't work. Fed up with ALEKS, I went to Straighterline and also failed their Intro to Stats. I was mad!
Finally, the course that did it for me was - Straighterline Business Statistics, it comes into TESU the same as the Intro to Stats, so I was ecstatic when I passed it!

I mean, I spent $40 on two months of ALEKS just trying to pass that, when I just spent $20 on one month of ALEKS and I passed 5 other math courses!
I spent $25 on Intro to Statistics at Straighterline as it uses the same resources as Saylor, but the credit is the same - 3 credits for $25 bucks, still hard!
It's because the required exams are 50% of the grade and the final is 50% of the grade, I ended up with a 65% total.... so close, yet so far!

In the end, while I was looking for Stats courses elsewhere, I noticed Straighterline had Business Stats as well... that's what did it for me, was Straighterline!
I found out that some courses are "Algebra based statistics" and others are "Calculus based statistics", I didn't know until I researched why some were easier than others.
That second course at Straighterline, I ended with 85% as it was more business centric and was algebra based. The Saylor version was calculus based!

TLDR - Take the Business Stats at Straighterline for $59, it'll save you $ and time in the long run vs taking a couple months at ALEKS and a Saylor exam!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
look at this site

Data, Probability and Statistics

best explanation of standard deviation I've ever seen
Standard Deviation and Variance
Statistics is what makes us able to collect, organize, display, interpret, analyze, and present data. if you have any problem regarding this feel free to ask.
(12-20-2021, 03:26 AM)jhonalbert Wrote: Statistics is what makes us able to collect, organize, display, interpret, analyze, and present data. if you have any problem regarding this feel free to ask.

I doubt they're still take the stats class as this thread is 4 years old.
I know this is an old thread but when it popped up it got me thinking about what kind of help the op was actually looking for with his post.  Tutoring?  There are lots of resources online at this point
Statistics Tutor, Help and Practice Online | StudyPug
Practice Tests and Online Courses | Study.com
Start learning Statistics Fundamentals today | Brilliant
I personally believe that this course is extremely valuable as so much of the infomation shoveled at us every day comes in the form of stats.
(12-20-2021, 07:23 PM)Alpha Wrote: I know this is an old thread but when it popped up it got me thinking about what kind of help the op was actually looking for with his post.  Tutoring?  There are lots of resources online at this point
Statistics Tutor, Help and Practice Online | StudyPug
Practice Tests and Online Courses | Study.com
Start learning Statistics Fundamentals today | Brilliant
I personally believe that this course is extremely valuable as so much of the infomation shoveled at us every day comes in the form of stats.

Exactly, you are right.  Smile