Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD
That's just a placeholder name. It will be something like Purdue Global, just like CSU Global.

This does make me wonder if you could pay $1500 for a term and test out of enough classes to get 18 credits in a subject area.
Ideas Wrote:We don't know what the new name is?

jsd Wrote:NewU is a terrible name.

I'm hoping it's going to be a different name such as mentioned by eriehiker - Purdue Global or similar.
However, if they stick with the temporary name Purdue NewU, I guess I'll just have to live with it.
Maybe someone should recommend them to keep the name simple, something like Purdue Online!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/...-higher-ed
(01-01-2018, 06:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Ideas Wrote:We don't know what the new name is?

jsd Wrote:NewU is a terrible name.

I'm hoping it's going to be a different name such as mentioned by eriehiker - Purdue Global or similar.
However, if they stick with the temporary name Purdue NewU, I guess I'll just have to live with it.
Maybe someone should recommend them to keep the name simple, something like Purdue Online!

I'm pretty sure that most people do not want "online" in their degree name. A common question I see in degree program FAQs is, "Will my diploma or transcript say that the program was online?"
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
NewU sounds like it's online. I don't want any school that sounds like it's online. It's worse than UofPeople.

"Global" and "world" automatically mean online i.e. CSU Global and Penn State World Campus. But, at least it doesn't say World Campus on the transcript or diploma. The University of Arkansas just started the eVersity.  Confused
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Yeah, I would also avoid anything that was Global, World, etc. That's nice it doesn't say on the transcript or diploma, but I feel like you still have to list the campus (as discussed in that other thread).

(01-03-2018, 07:24 AM)Ideas Wrote: Yeah, I would also avoid anything that was Global, World, etc. That's nice it doesn't say on the transcript or diploma, but I feel like you still have to list the campus (as discussed in that other thread).
It should be fine to list it as it's written on the diploma and transcript. It doesn't get any more official than that. That other thread had a guy who was trying to cut off the campus name when it was on the diploma.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Ideas
(01-03-2018, 01:24 PM)davewill Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 07:24 AM)Ideas Wrote: Yeah, I would also avoid anything that was Global, World, etc. That's nice it doesn't say on the transcript or diploma, but I feel like you still have to list the campus (as discussed in that other thread).
It should be fine to list it as it's written on the diploma and transcript. It doesn't get any more official than that. That other thread had a guy who was trying to cut off the campus name when it was on the diploma.

It's fine in this situation because no one gets a degree from World Campus. It's not an actual school. Programs are housed at various Penn State campuses.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(01-03-2018, 01:24 PM)davewill Wrote:

Apologies for any confusion that caused (or appearances of con-artistry), I just wasn't aware of higher education etiquette. I'm pretty sure that my diploma from WGU says "WGU Texas," but there is not any difference between WGU and WGU Texas as far as practicality and reality are concerned. I thought, mistakenly, that UT was a similar in this way, and thus wanted to cut off the campus which seemed unnecessary and unrecognizable.

It's not like I'm trying to sell myself as a TAMU grad by having a degree from Tarleton, I just wanted to know if I could market myself as a UT grad if I graduated from a school in the UT System.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grad Degrees with generous credit transfer NotJoeBiden 8 399 03-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  PhD for as little as $1290,66 p/a at a top 150 school. Personherebb9 44 6,400 01-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Tireman4
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 506 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,177 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,725 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,646 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  Texila & UCN - Masters/PhD Programs bjcheung77 5 2,814 06-13-2023, 04:21 AM
Last Post: ZoeRo
  EdS/Phd Hybrid/Online School Psychology programs? nyvrem 7 2,260 09-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  funding sources for Law School without six figures of loan debt EducationSeeker 8 1,162 07-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Montpellier Business School Online DBA, AACSB durain 14 3,378 06-14-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: durain