Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies
Very cool, good job! We (the 5 team members) want to do FF1/2 of course, at least FF1, but they (our company) are claming going to TEEX for the Fire Brigade will be enough. We will see what we can talk them into. We live in a rural area, but we can do all of the burns just 2 hours north of us. Once we get the SFFMA Industrial EMS or TX FRO, we will be able to apply for some of the federal hazmat type training.

How was FF1?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

We used IFSTA’s Essentials of Fire Fighting for both FF1 and 2, so we learned them simultaneously. The stuff on FF2 wasn't that much more difficult so I would suggest taking both. Overall, it wasn't to hard and I enjoyed the science behind fire behavior. The final state test (MI) was challenging, or maybe I should say "college level". Only thing I didn't like is it's 4 college courses worth of material but I can't get college credit for it (unless I do a portfolio assessment at TESU)
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
Gotcha. I appreciate the information. It is a shame that a random easy test online can give points, but most state and fed certs aren't acceptable for credit without PLA's .
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I write and produce music.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
School should probably be considered a hobby for me, because I'm not sure I can use the degree(s) for a job. I really enjoy learning, so most of my free time goes toward learning and researching. After I get a couple degrees, I will try to have some hobbies.

Riding horses, and tending other four legged family members, painting, cooking and architecture and design.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Wife is out of town so doing multiple hobby related things for a couple days. Heading to the observatory for a Star Party right now, spent a few hours at the range earlier.

Reading and studies (history, war, philosophy, some linguistics, the occasional novel, and odd bits hither and thither), armor and weaponry (Ancient to Modern), trying (and failing) to invent new ideas or devices, and low-level data analysis for fun (and profit? not sure).

If I had the time, I would do a deep dive into a few languages (Italian, Classical Latin, Spanish, Japanese, and at least conversational French), pursue a PhD (or two), and start a YouTube (or equivalent) channel to share various bits of educational joy with anyone who is interested. Oh, and learn to play either the piano or violin.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(09-19-2017, 11:15 PM)Thorne Wrote: Reading and studies (history, war, philosophy, some linguistics, the occasional novel, and odd bits hither and thither), armor and weaponry (Ancient to Modern), trying (and failing) to invent new ideas or devices, and low-level data analysis for fun (and profit? not sure).

If I had the time, I would do a deep dive into a few languages (Italian, Classical Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish, Japanese, and at least conversational French), pursue a PhD (or two), and start a YouTube (or equivalent) channel to share various bits of educational joy with anyone who is interested.

I would like to do a PhD for fun, read novels, and work on languages... I don't think I will have time for most of them!

I like to go to barber shops and collect hair off the floor

I live in NYC so I can find some really nice stuff -- different colors, different textures and lengths

I have hair from 14 different nationalities
[-] The following 3 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • cookderosa, GoldieLux, Joeman200

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone do any trades or hobbies? yb1 48 4,513 08-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: dposborne