Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies
(11-05-2017, 10:51 AM)icampy Wrote: That is awesome, very cool. I bought a cheap 2m radio to tinker with, after school and then maybe an EMT-B cert this upcoming year, I plan to get a technician license.

Icampy,

you can listen to the space station downlink transmission's via 145.800FM as they fly over you, if they are talking to someone at the time. Your cheap 2m radio will do that!
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
[-] The following 1 user Likes EI2HCB's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Thanks for the info!!!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Oh man, my dad is a ham radio guy, and I was coerced into getting my license. Funny seeing all these people interested in it! I grew up with a giant antenna in our backyard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TyreneJones's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(12-07-2017, 05:35 PM)TyreneJones Wrote: Oh man, my dad is a ham radio guy, and I was coerced into getting my license. Funny seeing all these people interested in it! I grew up with a giant antenna in our backyard.

Well don't forget the 200,000 dollars or more of scholarship money available for ham radio operators. You could probably renew that license and qualify for a few thousand towards that degree of yours. applications are currently available.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
[-] The following 1 user Likes EI2HCB's post:
  • Ideas
(11-06-2017, 07:55 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 06:50 PM)StoicJ Wrote: ...

firearms and stuff- like plinking with 22LR. Also have broken down/cleaned/fixed several WW2 rifles.

... Right now I live in Costa Rica.
are you or your family from Costa Rica originally ? 
if not, what are the firearm laws down there for immigrants ? 
also land owning laws ?
I know immigrants can't own land in Thailand 
and you have to be freaking rich to immigrate to New Zealand
Sorry, just getting back into DF.

I do have family in Costa Rica, and am currently working on getting residency or POSSIBLY citizenship.

Residents and citizens can lawfully own firearms here. There's an application process that isn't too terribly expensive. Plus proficiency test and a psych eval. Shotguns and the more popular caliber handguns are no prob as I understand it. I am not sure what caliber rifles will fly. I don't think AK47 or AR15 variants will fly. BUT, I think it's more about "scary-looking guns" than actual calibers.

Even non-residents can take title to real property here. There's much that I really enjoy about this place, but the lack of hunting opportunities is something that will keep me from living here year-round. I might try Chile or Argentina down the line.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
Took up backyard astronomy lately, so that's what's taking my non-school time lately (more reading than observing, dang weather).

On the shooting realm, ordered a cz scorpion evo 9...going to put a 5" barrel on it and use it almost exclusively with my silencerco hybrid. Quiet plinking!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

I love photography. I have a full frame camera and 7 different lenses (macro, portrait, fisheye, etc.). It's quite an expensive hobby, but I sometimes earn money and take photos of hot cosplay girls Wink
Electronics, Robotics, Programming, Kickboxing, writing and Blogging (though I failed to make backups and when I switched hosting compaines I lost 7+ years worth of blog posts Sad ) and I'm a police officer so I guess goiing to the range can be considered a hobby, since I have no obligation to go and like it! Big Grin . I'm addicted to learning about new microcontrollers!

buy a copy of my book guys!  Big Grin   preferably paperback, it's for a good cause!!

https://www.amazon.com/Programming-PIC-M...s+with+xc8
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Next "hobby", I'm signed up/registered for EMT-B class to complete on the side (online/hybrid course that runs July 1 to September). After finishing that, start my master's degree before the year ends.

Also have extrication training coming up in a few weeks, and wildland firefighting coming up a few weeks after that. I consider that stuff a hobby since I enjoy it, and it's all voluntary.

Still go to the range sometimes to let a few rounds go, but not nearly enough. Still do some observing (Jupiter is quite impressive right now, with Saturn close behind...low focal lengths for the win), but not nearly enough.

(06-04-2018, 05:51 PM)icampy Wrote: ..Still do some observing (Jupiter is quite impressive right now, ...

so is Uranus

HA HA HA
never gets old

on a serious note .. this video is interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ppbbYXMxE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone do any trades or hobbies? yb1 48 4,569 08-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: dposborne