Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelors
(09-24-2017, 06:50 PM)a2jc4life Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 01:48 PM)tck2008 Wrote: Thank you, they have allowed me to work on the MBA first as long as I also achieve a second bachelors.

That is one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

It's still not making sense to me because the OP hasn't made it clear what the two bachelor's degrees have to be in and what purpose they serve in the job. We don't know if the OP initially went after the wrong degree, if the OP is in a new position that has different requirements, or if the OP holds two positions.

If the employer truly does require two bachelor's degrees, then I'm pretty sure they want them to be in specific areas. Otherwise, that policy would serve no purpose. And, obviously, the OP got hired without a degree. How does a position go from requiring no degrees to requiring two degrees?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • a2jc4life
(09-24-2017, 06:50 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: That is one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

Yes it is, absurd. I have faith that this week I will be accepted to continue with the MBA. Another bachelors now will put me back 1 or 2 months depending where and what subject.

I did research on Patten online and found interesting feedback from students. There were multiple student reviews stating that there is no resemblance between the proctored final and the course chapters/material. Multiple students provided the same comments and that is almost impossible to pass the final. It has nothing to do with the course material except for a sentence here and there. There are other positive feedback of students that have passed but if this is true then is an issue.
Good news!

I was just told that I can move ahead with the MBA. That is great since I can concentrate on getting this done. Now I need to decide what school fastest, cheapest.... Thank you!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tck2008's post:
  • a2jc4life
Yeah, this is totally bizarre and makes no sense. there has to be some communication breakdown.

What have they said is the reasoning behind the 2nd bachelors? Better yet, can you paste the company policy regarding this?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Life Long Learning
There isn't really a policy. It was requested for me. I'm currently in Sr. Director role so they expect competencies in multiple areas including international business and Arts. There are other Vice Presidents and executives with multiple Bachelor's and I think it was driven by people using irrational thinking. I'm good to go now. I'm trying to decide between Amberton and Patten.
Hrm...

Huh
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Then why don't you go with Amberton's MBA in International Business?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
I recall doing some research on Amberton years ago. If you have the time and want a more "B&M" type of classes, then Amberton's a good choice. Back then, the MBA was roughly 8K, Is it 10K for the MBA at Amberton now? That's not a bad price for an RA degree, how fast can it be done? in 24 months? BTW, how young are you? Got kids/married, do you have commitments? Have some goals to complete?

If you're a young person, under 30 or 40, you can quickly get it done with a competency-based degree program. In fact, if you're "older" and strapped for time, that's the main reason I would tell people to finish a program at WGU for example, to get it done cheap/easy/fast. MBA is geared towards "businesses/corporations" and moving up the chain/ladder into higher paying positions. MS in Leadership can be used in other industries, it can be used for a check the box masters as well. The main difference is the curriculum/utility of the degree...

I'm going to be bad and put "RANSOMSOUL" on the spot! He's cool on the hot seat! I believe he attended Amberton, Patten, and ultimately finished his Masters at WGU. If memory serves me well, he completed two courses at Patten and found the learning/teaching style wasn't what he wanted. Amberton was a good choice as it allowed transfer of VESI education courses, 4 of them, but for me, the time to finish was out of the question - I wouldn't want to wait for the next semester to take classes.

WGU was an awesome choice as it's a tried and true "pioneer of competency-based education", it allowed RANSOMESOUL to continue working and getting the courses completed for the educational goal he had - cheap/easy/fast. It's one of the schools I had my eyes on for a lengthy period of time...

Research the schools of choice: I highly recommend going for a competency-based education vs the traditional route, due to time commitment (yup, cheap/easy/fast). How I did my research? I read many reviews here, from BruceT3/iwant2stalku/Passit1, etc - I did a few for TESU before I finally decided on them vs Excelsior or COSC. I also watched youtube videos about TESU, the one that caught my eye was from Dina (Passit1).

I did the same for WGU, many people from this forum are taking courses and have graduated from WGU, some have finished their Masters or starting it. It's that long and I wouldn't want to write it out (example, BruceT3/Passit1 did go to WGU as well). Their MSML and MBA program are very very attractive, I don't think there are any "better" programs out there except for Hodges. However, I have been having a hard time finding graduates to their MIS and MPA program, I may have to email them for more info and see if anyone has graduated from those new Masters programs... *Smile* you might want to be the first one!

Now let's take a look at cost, the Patten MBA Finance degree can be completed in 4 to 8 months. A forum member "iwant2stalku" finished the degree in less than 4 months for $2 grand total, she was pregnant when she finished her BSBA in 6 months, she was taking care of her infant while doing the MBA all in 4 months for $2 grand total.

BSBA 6 months: http://degreeforum.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=22289
MBA Finance 4 months: http://degreeforum.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=22299
So I dug a little and found out who the person that finished in 8 months was... here's their youtube

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_kaNicc0Q
Full version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_Lavhp9G4
Random Patten BA Business Management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmeM2brG250

TLDR - If you have the time to do Amberton, take it. But if you want cheap/easy/fast, then go for WGU.
Patten is a good choice if you're very strapped for cash/time, but there are less "graduates" and examples.
There were a couple others who I read online that didn't finish at Patten (both on this board/sister board).
If you're a trailblazer, then a Masters at Hodges or Patten would be fine. Hodges has MPA/MIS, WGU MSML/MBA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Yenisei
Yeah, I have been thinking of Amberton or Patten. I would like to try Patten's structure for a term and see how difficult it is. You have the possibility to complete as many courses as you can finish in a term for $1996. I would go as fast as I can and have a feel of it. Then If I don't like it I can transfer 6 credits to Amberton and try there or continue with more courses if it goes well. To my understanding, the VESi option only works for their Master Of Arts / Professional Development. I'm looking online and reading a lot to find what is the cheapest / fastest / best option for me.

Hi bjcheung77,

Thanks for the video and info. I just saw the video. It looks promising. I would just give it a try since it is indeed one of the cheapest / fastest programs out there. My TESU BSBA graduation is on Dec 15th, not sure if I can already apply to Patten and try to start right away.
(09-25-2017, 05:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I recall doing some research on Amberton years ago.  If you have the time and want a more "B&M" type of classes, then Amberton's a good choice.  Back then, the MBA was roughly 8K, Is it 10K for the MBA at Amberton now? That's not a bad price for an RA degree, how fast can it be done? in 24 months? BTW, how young are you? Got kids/married, do you have commitments? Have some goals to complete?  

If you're a young person, under 30 or 40, you can quickly get it done with a competency-based degree program. In fact, if you're "older" and strapped for time, that's the main reason I would tell people to finish a program at WGU for example, to get it done cheap/easy/fast. MBA is geared towards "businesses/corporations" and moving up the chain/ladder into higher paying positions. MS in Leadership can be used in other industries, it can be used for a check the box masters as well. The main difference is the curriculum/utility of the degree...

I'm going to be bad and put "RANSOMSOUL" on the spot! He's cool on the hot seat!  I believe he attended Amberton, Patten, and ultimately finished his Masters at WGU.  If memory serves me well, he completed two courses at Patten and found the learning/teaching style wasn't what he wanted.  Amberton was a good choice as it allowed transfer of VESI education courses, 4 of them, but for me, the time to finish was out of the question - I wouldn't want to wait for the next semester to take classes.

Just came across this (was searching information on Patten's BA Psychology Industrial-Organizational) and noticed you called me out bjcheung77. This is, outside of not responding, about as late of a response as possible Wink Fortunately, you broke down my experience perfectly, I really don't have more to offer - awesome recall!

WGU is an excellent school and with an honest effort from a student, I can't imagine someone not having a good experience. It's been posted before that I would love to go back and finish with Patten to complete that experience and if that happens, I will be sure to post about it.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 265 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,569 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 862 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,514 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 3,355 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 756 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How can I speed up my bachelors? arcangel27 29 2,515 03-15-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: arcangel27
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,620 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  EdX Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degree expansion bjcheung77 3 1,105 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 3,765 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow