Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Bachelors
Your work is stating a Liberal Arts degree is now a requirement?????
Happy new year everyone!!!

I no longer have the second bachelors requirement from my
Employer. I would like to find the cheapest , fastest Master degree program. Anyone? Thanks
(12-31-2017, 09:09 PM)tck2008 Wrote: Happy new year everyone!!!

I no longer have the second bachelors requirement from my
Employer. I would like to find the cheapest , fastest Master degree program. Anyone? Thanks

It depends.  What do you want the MA in?

For cheap and fast, you'll probably want to look at competency-based schools like WGU, Hodges, Capella, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think you would be happier with the WGU MBA instead of the Patten MBA. I think Patten is more heavy on the writing, for one thing.

WGU can be knocked out in 6 months.

Are you considering other Masters degrees besides MBA degrees? In your line of work, MBA would get you farther, wouldn't it? So do the WGU MBA (or Patten).

If I were to give WGU a greater happiness value it would be on that it's a non-profit, has a significantly larger alumni and greater stability as a university.

Patten's format is 1 exam & I paper per class. Papers on average are 12+ pages and there is no capstone. By the numbers, Patten is considerably less writing and, heavy on exams in comparison to WGU. What has made Patten tougher for some is their structure, their limitations for revisions on papers and resources for exams.

I still agree with Ideas, just for slightly different reasons.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 2 users Like RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Ideas, Yenisei
I have been looking at the Kaplan MBA thanks to bjcheung77 that brought it up. It will finish it later and will be Purdue if all goes asits supposed to. It's an ExcelTrack program and its $1,550 per term where you can take unlimited courses. It's 60 credits which may not be easy to complete in 2 terms. Anyone has experience or know more details about this program? How realistic it is to finish in 2 terms and complexity of material. I'm looking forward to start Jan 17 and finish as quickly as possible. Thanks
(01-03-2018, 09:38 PM)tck2008 Wrote: I have been looking at the Kaplan MBA thanks to bjcheung77 that brought it up. It will finish it later and will be Purdue if all goes asits supposed to. It's an ExcelTrack program and its $1,550 per term where you can take unlimited courses. It's 60 credits which may not be easy to complete in 2 terms. Anyone has experience or know more details about this program? How realistic it is to finish in 2 terms and complexity of material. I'm looking forward to start Jan 17 and finish as quickly as possible. Thanks

It's 60 quarter credits, so 40 semester credits.  More than the usual MBA program (usually 30cr-33cr for the ones I've looked at).

Then, if you want to add a concentration, it's an additional 12cr (8cr semester).

It also doesn't tell you how long a term is.  Is it 2 months, 3 months, 6 months?  In looking at their calendar, it looks like it's a 10-week term (I could be wrong, or the terms for the ExcelTrack program could be different than their regular terms).  But if it's a 10-week term, then there is no way you're completing this program in 2 terms.  40-48 semester credits in 5 months?  That sounds undoable to me.

Then there are the fees, which seem to indicate that they are not 10-week terms, but 6-week terms: 
"Technology Fees: All students are required to pay a $295.00 technology fee per term. For the graduate business, information technology, and education programs, MSCJ, and MSHSEM, this fee is prorated to $150.00 per six-week term."

If it's $1550 per 6-week term, now you're looking at a ridiculous term length.  There's no way this would be a competency-based program that I'd be considering!!

In comparison to WGU, which is $3895/6-mo term, that's $3895/26-week term.  If you do 4 terms at Kaplan, you're at $6,800 in 24 weeks.  Add $1,700 for each additional term.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's something to think about, the speed/time to finish a couple of courses and a set of 1 credit assessments/modules. When I looked at this a few months ago and a second time a couple of days ago, post #8 from futuremrsmlb's thread got me really interested in the program. Too bad she's not been online for a while, otherwise I would have PM'ed her. But from her post, she should have completed it by Nov 2017. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid233524

I don't know how much time she places on each course and effort/urgency to get this completed, but it seems she leisurely finished two courses/term. If you place more time or efficiently & effectively practice, prepare, study for the assessments, it may be much faster, maybe 4/term and it'll take 3 terms or at a faster pace 6/term and it'll take a total of two terms. Time management is key, find out how much time you have and how each assessment works - I should email them for a preview of the assessments.

Each person is different, some people study 5 days and they get a Business Capstone TECEP done easily, some others may take a month to study the same thing over and over again to retain the info, find your "skill set" and work on a pace you feel comfortable with. Sometimes going a little faster/quicker and have a more urgent mindset can get things done better/easier. Finally, what if you do the PLA and get 50-75% of the credit through that? You may finish in 1 term. There are other possibilities, discover them.

Your best bet is to get every detail from Kaplan U on assessments/grading/graduation/pricing, etc before you decide.
That's what I'll be doing after they get past the first quarter of 2018 as that's when everything should/will be "finalized".
Review futuremrsmlb's thread - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=26902
Recap, My Thread/Thoughts - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid248980
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks dfrecore and bjcheung77. Great deal of explanation from both of you. I agree it seems quite a lot to finish in even 2 terms, not even 3 to be realistic. I'm trying to decide between Pattern, Hodges, Kaplan, WGU.... I'm trying to find the best, cheapest and that i can complete fairly quickly. My goal is to teach online.
I've just reached out to them to clarify questions from dfrecore and I requested a preview of the assignments. Lets see what they come back with. I really want to work on a program that I dont have to write 30 pages per assignment or complex examinations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 288 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,705 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 865 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,533 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 3,359 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 757 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How can I speed up my bachelors? arcangel27 29 2,518 03-15-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: arcangel27
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,623 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  EdX Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degree expansion bjcheung77 3 1,109 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 3,865 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow