Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
Halo everyone!

Can someone please share a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts' degree plan using SL/Study.com/CLEP/shmoop/etc template for Excelsior?

Thanks

Leon

or WGU ? ;-)
Hello.

I've attached three links that may help you. The first is from Excelsior's website which will give you a good foundation. The second link is a degree plan that I put together for the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies. The third link is from Excelsior's website that shows the UEXCEL exams, CLEP and DSST equivalencies. The link is old because they haven't updated it in quite a while but still useful nonetheless.

If you need anything else let me know. BTW...you're eligible for Excelsior's partnership pricing if during the application process you let them know you're a member of Study.com or Straighterline. I've attached the Partnership pricing pdf as well. Pretty significant discount as opposed to the regular rates.

I wish you well on your journey.

Sincerely,

Marshall

http://www.excelsior.edu/documents/78666...4c8ec0d27f

https://documents.excelsior.edu/document...m-catalog/

Attached Files
.docx   Excelsior College BSLS Degree Plan (2017) STUDY.docx (Size: 17.21 KB / Downloads: 258)
.pdf   study.com Excelsior Partnership Pricing.pdf (Size: 149.97 KB / Downloads: 153)
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
[-] The following 2 users Like mlwilliamsiv's post:
  • 2thekeys, davewill
Awesome!, Thank you!

Leon
Unfortunately, if you don't take at least 6cr through Excelsior, a lot of the discount pricing does not apply. So, you will also be charged $1095 for the Multi-Source Option, as well as a $225 Annual Fee, and $495 for the Graduation Fee.

The only real savings here is $300 for your capstone ($100/cr), and a lower Annual Fee ($270 savings) if you're enrolled for at least a year.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • High_Order1
Good catch dfrecore! So is it safe to assume that Excelsior College doesn't count their own UEXCEL exams towards that requirement? If the UEXCEL exams counted...I would have recommended to apply first since they give you 6 months to matriculate and begin knocking out as many transferable credits as you can before you enroll in the Multi-Source option. Courses are too expensive. But yes you will have to take the capstone course at Excelsior. Also I've been informed they no longer accept Penn Foster's Information Literacy course so maybe someone on the forum can give you some pointers on that one. 

HEY LEON....you didn't state how many credits you already have but if you still need a crap load of general ed's via CLEP I've got AWESOME NEWS!!! Modernstates.org is giving free payment vouchers to students who complete their FREE ONLINE COURSES. Details in the link below. That will save you a ton of money right there. PLUS....they even reimburse you the testing center fee so the whole program is essentially FREE!!!

BTW....Excelsior doesn't accept the English Composition CLEPS at all so you'll have to use another avenue like SL/Study.com.

If you do have some credits though please post on here and I'll put a sample degree plan for you so that way we can crunch some numbers to see how much you'll be looking at to finish your BS in Liberal Studies.

Thanks again dfrecore for the feedback :-)

Til' next time....happy hunting.

P.S: I received an email from Whitney at modernstates.org and she did confirm that the program is still going for the foreseeable future so the free payment vouchers will be flowing.

https://modernstates.org/wp-content/uplo...r-Free.pdf

I would like to thanks both of you for helping me.

Exelsior supposedly take 117 is what they adverstise. I have over 137 credits between my home town's university, straighterline , study.com, Penn Foster, Saylor, and the free Nfa and teex courses.

I was thinking of pushing to get as much transferred over and just take the missing course at SL or study.com then capstone and graduate.

I don't know what courses I'm missing and cheapest route.

Leon
I did transfer in 117 for a BS and I am taking my Capstone right now. Excelsior is very flexible and I think the most flexible by far. They did not tell me how to suck the egg in specific courses with GEN ED which I hate. I did get a 100% on the 1 credit INL courses with them. It was easy. Took me two days. I was charged a fee for not taking many course, but not an annual fee. I am a workaholic so my time means more than a few dollars. Time is money! They may not be the cheapest Big 3, but better than B&M colleges.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 2 users Like Life Long Learning's post:
  • High_Order1, hsfamfun
Good to hear, I'm looking forward to quickly finish with them.

I'll try to find cheapest option. Thanks

Leon
(09-27-2017, 08:27 PM)leon2017 Wrote: I would like to thanks both of you for helping me.

Exelsior supposedly take 117 is what they adverstise. I have over 137 credits between my home town's  university, straighterline , study.com, Penn Foster, Saylor, and the free Nfa and teex courses.

I was thinking of pushing to get as much transferred over and just take the missing course at SL or study.com then capstone and graduate.

Leon

If you post the credits you have, we can probably figure out the cheapest/fastest way to a degree through one of the Big 3.  List by type (university, SL, etc.) List course #, course name, number of credits, grade if less than a C, and whether the school was a semester or quarter system.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-27-2017, 08:27 PM)leon2017 Wrote: I would like to thanks both of you for helping me.

Exelsior supposedly take 117 is what they adverstise. I have over 137 credits between my home town's  university, straighterline , study.com, Penn Foster, Saylor, and the free Nfa and teex courses.

Leon

The Application Fee is FREE at Excelsior under the partnership pricing I mentioned earlier. In the meantime, just go ahead and apply at Excelsior since it's Free. The other courses you mentioned outside of your hometown university can be placed on an ACE transcript if you haven't done so already. If you haven't...I've attached a link. Register for an account with ACE ($20.00 fee) and then select each organization (e.g. Study.com, Straighterline, PF, Saylor, NFA, & TEEX) and add all of the courses to the transcript. Once that's added successfully...you can then have ACE send a complimentary official transcript to Excelsior College who can begin doing an "unofficial" credit evaluation.

If it does turn out they accept 117 credits then you'll only need to pay the enrollment fee of $1,095.00, take the Liberal Arts Capstone and pay the graduation fee of $130.00 and you should be golden. By the way...if money is a concern...they do payment plans for up to 6 months I believe but you can check with the admissions or bursar's office to verify that info.

https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 256 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 214 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 565 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,301 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 495 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 279 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 568 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,544 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 396 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 602 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64