Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
Thank you, I already applied and they charged me $50 plus I had to pay other schools for their transcripts. I was not able to find the free partnership or waving that fee. I have to wait now 2 weeks. Thanks again.

Below are the courses I have:

SL

Accounting I* 
Accounting II* 
American Government* 
Business Communication* 
Business Law* 
Financial Accounting 
Information Technology Fundamentals 
Introduction to Communication* 
Macroeconomics* 
Managerial Accounting 
Organizational Behavior* 
Principles of Management* 

PF

Financial Management 
Strategic Business Management 

Saylor

Principles of Marketing
Web Development

The Institute

Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (online course)

NFA

Fire Service Supervision: Self Study 
Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Plan Review 
Self-Study Course for Community Safety Educators 

TEEX

Cyber Security for Business Professionals 
Cyber Security for Everyone 
Cyber Security for IT Professionals 

Study.com

Business 106: Human Resource Management 
Business 308: Globalization and International Management 
Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising 
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management 

Locally core education I have:

College Algebra
Calculus I
Calculus II
Discrete Math
Chemistry I + LAB
Physics I with calculus + LAB
Physics II with calculus + LAB
Microeconomics
[-] The following 1 user Likes leon2017's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I just got them to wave the fee 7-10 days. Thanks a lot for the info.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leon2017's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(09-28-2017, 09:57 AM)leon2017 Wrote: I just got them to wave the fee 7-10 days. Thanks a lot for the info.

$25 to join.  Many save a ton at Excelsior
http://www.excelsior.edu/web/partners/pe...of-georgia
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • EI2HCB
Leon2017, do you already have a degree? If so, what was the degree in? Business Admin?
When did you take the Penn Foster courses? Weird, I can see about 30-31 courses...
Does it have to be Excelsior BS Liberal Arts? Would you go for something else?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks Life Long learning.

Do you know what exactly are he savings? Is it for graduation or taking courses?

I was doing Computer Science, then changed to Business. I enjoy taking these courses. You learn a lot but it's about time to get a degree. I heard good things about Excelsior and it's cheaper than others. What courses you think I'm missing ?
(09-28-2017, 08:11 PM)leon2017 Wrote: Thanks Life Long learning.

Do you know what exactly are he savings? Is it for graduation or taking courses?

I was doing Computer Science, then changed to Business. I enjoy taking these courses. You learn a lot but it's about time to get a degree. I heard good things about Excelsior and it's cheaper than others. What courses you think I'm missing ?

Excelsior is not cheaper.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
If you want more details, you can PM me as many members do. There are significant savings. Since you have taken over 4 courses at Straighterline, you qualify already, save the $25. Savings Link: http://www.excelsior.edu/documents/46041...1057044e71

I think you need to decide on a degree and then work on the "remaining credits" for that degree. When I first discovered distance education about 15/16 years ago, I thought "NA" was more recognized than "RA" credits and I focused on Nationally Accredited educational institutes first. But once I found out Regional Accreditation was much more recognized, I didn't bother completing an NA degree and because that school actually lost accreditation...

Anyways, fast forward a couple of years (let's say a decade ago), I would have recommended you Excelsior's BS Business Admin program as it has IACBE programmatic/systematic accreditation, AND it was the cheapest of the Big 3. But that has changed this year as TESU gained ACBSP accreditation. Excelsior would be my second choice and COSC would be third.

If you have no interest in Business any longer, then the BALS at TESU would be crazy cheap/easy/fast with Shmoop credits. I ask again, when did you finish your Penn Foster courses? If you have done so BEFORE they stopped taking the capstone, you would be eligible to get the cheapest/easiest/fastest ACBSP program at TESU - cheaper than anywhere, period. Good luck!

PS: As a recommendation, since you have over 12 regionally accredited credits from a B&M school, go for a FREE BOG AAS degree at one of 9 WV community colleges OR a free Associates in Arts or Science at the Big 3 of choice, en route to your Bachelors. It'll be a confidence booster for sure (somewhat useless, but an awesome piece of paper and get an ego boost).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-28-2017, 08:41 PM)sanantone Wrote:

I was doing Computer Science, then changed to Business. I enjoy taking these courses. You learn a lot but it's about time to get a degree. I heard good things about Excelsior and it's cheaper than others. What courses you think I'm  missing ?

Are you saying its a bad idea to join the POAG if you have no other discounts?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Looks like a NCOA membership is $30 annual but qualifies for the vet discount.
(09-28-2017, 08:50 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 08:41 PM)sanantone Wrote:

I was doing Computer Science, then changed to Business. I enjoy taking these courses. You learn a lot but it's about time to get a degree. I heard good things about Excelsior and it's cheaper than others. What courses you think I'm  missing ?

Are you saying its a bad idea to join the POAG if you have no other discounts?

If you don't complete 12 credits in Excelsior courses by graduation, you'll have to pay a $1095 enrollment fee. You'll also have to pay the full $495 graduation fee. If you don't complete six credits per year, you'll have to pay $225 per year for the student service fee.

At the partner rate, Excelsior courses are $410 per credit hour. That's $4920 for 12 credits. You'll save more if you elect to just pay the enrollment fee instead, but that wipes out most of the partnership savings.

The liberal arts capstone is three credits. I believe the business capstone is six credits. This makes Excelsior more expensive than COSC for the business degree, even with the partnership discount.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 263 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 216 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,307 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 501 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 285 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 574 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,551 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 399 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 607 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64