Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
[Important Question: When did you get your Penn Foster credits? When did they get added to your ACE?]
Pricing Updates: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...#pid248207

Leon, have you looked at your evaluation at all? There's an issue with what they're requesting.
It says you need 15 UL credits and yet it also says you need 6 UL and 9 LL, it doesn't make sense!
Talk to your advisor as you want the advisor to provide you further details to both your evaluations when you get them.

TOTAL ARTS AND SCIENCES REMAINING 15.0
Arts and Sciences Upper Level 15.0
Upper Level Depth 1 6.0
Lower Level Depth 1 9.0

Ethics 2.0
Information Literacy 1.0
Capstone Course 3.0

Further to that, the courses you have listed are all lower level, (in that case, if they need all UL), it would be a waste of your time. The only course you should take is the SL Business Ethics if you don't want to take the FREE ethics mentioned already for 2 FREE credits in the templates that Dfrecore sent you. It's up to you if you decide to pay for it or not, right? It's advice you can take, but it's your decision to take it or not.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi, the Penn Foster credits finished and added them 5/2016

I asked the question before and it was the total pending credits.

The free ethics course was not accepted. It’s part of ACE.

I asked them to do an evaluation for business degree as well as BSL. I was under the impression I was
2 courses always from BSL. I would like to know what UL and LL courses I can take using Cheap sources to finish , transfer and graduate.
Hi there, the response from advisor at EC:

You are reading your MAP incorrectly. You need a total of 15 upper level semester hours in the Arts & Sciences and INL*102 to complete your degree. Within those 15 upper level hours you must complete your Arts & Science depth requirements. You can complete your depth requirement by taking upper level courses in areas where you already have credit. For example you can take 3 upper level History courses or 4 Communication courses (including Ethics of Communications) to satisfy your depth.
Ouch, that's sad but was exactly as I expected, all UL. It's not that you're reading the map incorrectly, it's their info wasn't clear. Anyways, it leaves you with lesser options and the ones you mentioned earlier from StraighterLine, none of them will work except for Ethics as you require it. Dig up their Exam list that they accept (it's in the first page of this thread), and choose all the UL DSST and UExcel exams - easiest ones you can find. If I read it correctly, you need 5 of them and the Capstone. Good luck, push forward.

Hi,

Below is the response from the advisor:

_______________________________>
We do accept credit from Study.com/Straighterline/Sophia/Shmoop as long as it arrives on an ACE transcript.
The capstone would be $510 per credit which works out to $1,530. Your graduation fee would be $495 minus $15 per credit in Excelsior College courses if you switched to the Multi-source option.
________________________________>

Would someone please let me know what courses or UL exams should I check for pre-approval. I would prefer study.com courses unless there are easy DSST or others. Thank you.
I have completed 2 Lower Level courses and tomorrow I should finish Business Ethics. That would be 6 LL credits plus the Sophia free course. I still have one more LL course and two UL to take.

The ad visor told me the following:
For example you can take 3 upper level History courses or 4 Communication courses (including Ethics of Communications) to satisfy your depth. You need Upper level Arts & Science credit to complete your degree.

I still do not understand when LL or UL and how it is accepted at Excelsior.
Can I take the remaining UL courses at Study.com? or DSST would be best. Can someone guide me during my last steps with the right UL courses?
(01-29-2018, 07:46 PM)leon2017 Wrote: I have completed 2 Lower Level courses and tomorrow I should finish Business Ethics. That would be 6 LL credits plus the Sophia free course. I still have one more LL course and two UL to take.

The ad visor told me the following:
For example you can take 3 upper level History courses or 4 Communication courses (including Ethics of Communications) to satisfy your depth. You need Upper level Arts & Science credit to complete your degree.

I still do not understand when LL or UL and how it is accepted at Excelsior.
Can I take the remaining UL courses at Study.com? or DSST would be best. Can someone guide me during my last steps with the right UL courses?

EC goes with what ACE determines whether a course is UL or LL.  UL is 300- or 400-level courses, so things you would take your 3rd/4th year at a college.  LL is 100- or 200-level courses, so what you would normally consider "gen ed", and what you would take in your first 2 years, or at a Community College.

Here's the link to ACE: http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=browse.main
Find the course provider, and click on them.  Then click on the course you're interested in.  Scroll down, and it will tell you if it's considered a LL or UL course.

As an FYI, here are some breakdowns:

All LL
TEEX Cybersecurity courses
NFA free course
SL
CLEP
Ed4Credit

Mostly LL
Saylor is all LL except BUS208: Prin of Management
Shmoop is all LL except Geometry (2cr UL)

Mixture of UL & LL
ACTFL is a mixture of LL & UL, depending on how you score on an exam
DSST has 7 UL courses (Money & Banking, Substance Abuse, Intro to Law Enforcement, The Civil War, Vietnam War, Soviet Union & Cybersecurity)
UExcel has a mixture of UL and LL courses, but they will list it on their website (and if the course is 300- or 400-level)
TECEP has a mixture of UL and LL courses, but they will list it on their website (and if the course is 300- or 400-level)
Davar Academy is mostly UL
Coopersmith is a mixture and will tell you on their course description (they are NCCRS rather than ACE)
Study.com is a mixture of UL and LL courses
The Institutes free Insurance Ethics course - 2cr UL
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Damn you are good. I finally understand and a clear answer without bs. You are kick ass.... this will allow me to search and pick what works best. Do you work as an advisor at a school?
(01-29-2018, 08:27 PM)leon2017 Wrote: Damn you are good.  I finally understand and a clear answer without bs. You are kick ass....  this will allow me to search and pick what works best. Do you work as an advisor at a school?

Haha!  Nope, I just do it here for free!!  If I had a nickel for every post...and $100 for every degree plan...but alas, I haven't figured out how to monetize this yet!

Good luck to you!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:
leon2017 Wrote:Damn you are good.  I finally understand and a clear answer without bs. You are kick ass....  this will allow me to search and pick what works best. Do you work as an advisor at a school?

Haha!  Nope, I just do it here for free!!  If I had a nickel for every post...and $100 for every degree plan...but alas, I haven't figured out how to monetize this yet!

Good luck to you!

Leon2017, Post #49 actually has all the test you need to look into from DSST. The only recommendation in addition to those above is to see what exams/tests are easiest for your from DSST, UExcel, TECEP - Review the documents below. If you review all of these PDF, find the only 5 required, that indicates it's UL (Upper Level), don't take the LL courses.

If you must choose something else other than the recommended, here's my list of resources I use for exams.
Charter Oak Master list: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...m-list.pdf
CSU Global CBE: https://csuglobal.edu/admissions/transfe...t-exam-cbe

TESU DSST: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/DSST.cfm
TESU TECEP: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
Excelsior UExcel: https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/choose-your-exam
Excelsior Exam (Lengthy): https://documents.excelsior.edu/document...m-catalog/
Excelsior Basics: http://www.excelsior.edu/documents/78666...4c8ec0d27f

Dfrecore - I know how to monetize it! Work with me girlfriend... let me PM you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 281 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 227 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 578 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,323 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 516 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 290 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 606 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,565 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 409 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 616 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64