Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
Hello,

I came across this website 1 month ago and I really liked the way I could obtain my bachelor degree. I got some ECTS points already that i'm trying to get to evaluated by an agency and then i'm going to to get them evaluated at one of the big 3.

The credits(ECTS) I already got:

Intro to Comparative Politics 
Sociology
Intro to Political Science
Philosophies of Social Science and Methods
Policy Week 

I'm not sure what degree I want yet, but i'm leaning towards BA in Communications or some sort of IT degree. I've seen many recommend a BALS with a concentration in a subject, but i'm not sure if I can use that to get into a Masters in Denmark (where i'm from) or somewhere else in Europe. I would like to take as few as possible courses on TESU (That's the one i've looked at the most) I can't start with the general education courses yet due to IRL stuff, but i'm expecting to start in January, until then my plan is to pass all the free sources of credit and find the degree plan that fits me the most. 

So far i've passed Sophia - Developing Effective Teams and 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct, i'm planning to be done with Cyber Security 101 at the end of this week.

This is very confusing, when i'm not used to this system, but i'm learning a lot every day. What would be the most cost efficient? I don't have to finish my degree in 4-5 months, so i'm not really in that big of a hurry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danielp's post:
  • dfrecore
First, since you're basically starting from scratch, it's best to figure out what degree you want. There's a big difference between a BA in Comm and a BS in IT! But, I will say that the BSIT is going to be a lot more expensive because there are more IT courses that will be harder to find cheaply, whereas the Comm courses are more cheaply found.

You will have to decide which is better for you, since only you know how useful each degree will be to you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah, i'm aware there is a big difference between them and i'll find out which one i'll pursue. Can I use the same general education courses for all degrees or how does it work?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danielp's post:
  • slmartin
For those 2 degrees, you can use the same Gen Ed's - except that the BSIT is going to require more math (Stats, College Algebra an Precalc) and the science requirement is also different (either Chem I & II w/Lab, or Physics I & II w/Lab). Obviously, you can use those courses in the BA in Comm degree, but they aren't required.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Maybe look into whether the BALS is enough. You can test out of everything in the BALS except for the capstone (if you use the Study.com affiliation). I'm not sure but I think you can't test out of all the Comm courses.

Are each of those classes 5 ECTS credits? 5 seems to be worth 2.5 semester hours in the U.S.

You can test out out of the Comm degree, and it still works out to be $100 per course average (the $250 CSU-Global course is offset by the $25 Saylor courses).

I created a plan, I think it will work. But check my sources, as I did it quick, so not 100% sure on every single thing (like the Study.com Interpersonal Comm course, which might not be COM-330).

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BA in Communications.xlsx (Size: 44.84 KB / Downloads: 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Ideas
(11-08-2017, 12:47 AM)Ideas Wrote: Maybe look into whether the BALS is enough. You can test out of everything in the BALS except for the capstone (if you use the Study.com affiliation). I'm not sure but I think you can't test out of all the Comm courses.

Are each of those classes 5 ECTS credits? 5 seems to be worth 2.5 semester hours in the U.S.

It's 50 ECTS points.

(11-08-2017, 01:12 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You can test out out of the Comm degree, and it still works out to be $100 per course average (the $250 CSU-Global course is offset by the $25 Saylor courses).

I created a plan, I think it will work. But check my sources, as I did it quick, so not 100% sure on every single thing (like the Study.com Interpersonal Comm course, which might not be COM-330).

Thank you a lot! Smile

But I would still like to explore my opportunities regarding an IT degree as well. 

Also, I got a question.. Is it possible to get 16 credits from http://www.scps.nyu.edu/academics/depart...sting.html and fit it into my degree plan?
(11-08-2017, 09:35 AM)Danielp Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 12:47 AM)Thank you a lot! Wrote: But I would still like to explore my opportunities regarding an IT degree as well. 

Also, I got a question.. Is it possible to get 16 credits from http://www.scps.nyu.edu/academics/depart...sting.html and fit it into my degree plan?

Yes, you can get those foreign langauge credits, although it's a little pricey.  You'd probably be better off with the ACTFL if they have your language.  Only about $100 for that exam, and up to 12cr for the Oral test, up to 6cr for the listening, up to 6cr for reading, and up to 12cr for writing.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSIT.xlsx (Size: 45.71 KB / Downloads: 60)
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • degreeplz
According to this link, I can't see Danish https://www.actfl.org/publications/guide...lines-2012 - but maybe it's the wrong link, since it's kind of hard to find the proper exams etc. The NY exam is 400 dollars for 16 credits I think or I might not be correct?
(11-08-2017, 12:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 09:35 AM)Danielp Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 12:47 AM)Thank you a lot! Wrote: But I would still like to explore my opportunities regarding an IT degree as well. 

Yes, you can get those foreign langauge credits, although it's a little pricey.  You'd probably be better off with the ACTFL if they have your language.  Only about $100 for that exam, and up to 12cr for the Oral test, up to 6cr for the listening, up to 6cr for reading, and up to 12cr for writing.

I found the oral test for danish, it seems like it's 140 dollars, which is not that bad I suppose. 

Also, when I try to register for ACE registry and trancript system I keep getting this message ''''The Student ID Number you entered is invalid. Please contact your organization to confirm your Student ID number.'' I tried to contact ACE, but no reply yet and 1 week has passed and I got my student ID number confirmed from ''my'' organization already, any solution for this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,272 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,776 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,750 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,938 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,936 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,302 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,652 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero