Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
How much more would it cost to get a BA in Social Science/Political Science instead of a BALS with a concentration? I can't find anything in the spreadsheets, most is outdated..
(11-21-2017, 11:56 AM)Danielp Wrote: How much more would it cost to get a BA in Social Science/Political Science instead of a BALS with a concentration? I can't find anything in the spreadsheets, most is outdated..

I've kind of lost the thread of this thread, was this from TESU?  If so, they no longer have a BA in SS.  They do have a BA in PoliSci, but it can't be tested out of.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-23-2017, 12:39 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 11:56 AM)Danielp Wrote: How much more would it cost to get a BA in Social Science/Political Science instead of a BALS with a concentration? I can't find anything in the spreadsheets, most is outdated..

I've kind of lost the thread of this thread, was this from TESU?  If so, they no longer have a BA in SS.  They do have a BA in PoliSci, but it can't be tested out of.

I see, alright. And yes, it's TESU.
(11-20-2017, 06:25 PM)Danielp Wrote: I have one question.. I've talked with a TESU counselor and they said that a regular BA gives more options towards Masters than a BALS. Which makes it way more confusing.. does a BALS give more access to more masters? and what about the pre-requirements for them? Sorry, i'm a bit confused, since i've researched this a lot.

There have been a few enrollment counselors at TESU, especially the one that retired (thankfully), who provided information that contradicted quite a few things. It was more like his personal recommendation, an example, to take more courses at TESU instead of transferring them to the school. All in all, take their advice with a grain of salt and review the info on this forum.

Haha, LOL, basically don't be confused: I'll quote a fellow member here, please use TESU in place of WGU:
http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...#pid246206

Don't rely on just asking questions to a WGU "enrollment counselor". From what I hear, they are the weakest link in the WGU admissions process and often give no answers or the wrong answers as they are overworked and under-trained.

Review the requirements for your intended Masters, for the two and a few that I've seen and many more, they do not require a specific major or bachelors degree, they just need you to have one. Moreover, if you have to take a course, make sure to have at least a 3.0 on those courses, some schools require a 3.0 or higher... again, you have so many choices, if one school isn't the perfect fit, move onto the next - hit them all up by applying to them if there are no application fees.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-23-2017, 01:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 06:25 PM)Danielp Wrote: I have one question.. I've talked with a TESU counselor and they said that a regular BA gives more options towards Masters than a BALS. Which makes it way more confusing.. does a BALS give more access to more masters? and what about the pre-requirements for them? Sorry, i'm a bit confused, since i've researched this a lot.

There have been a few enrollment counselors at TESU, especially the one that retired (thankfully), who provided information that contradicted quite a few things.  It was more like his personal recommendation, an example, to take more courses at TESU instead of transferring them to the school.  All in all, take their advice with a grain of salt and review the info on this forum.

Haha, LOL, basically don't be confused:  I'll quote a fellow member here, please use TESU in place of WGU:
http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...#pid246206

Don't rely on just asking questions to a WGU "enrollment counselor".  From what I hear, they are the weakest link in the WGU admissions process and often give no answers or the wrong answers as they are overworked and under-trained.

Review the requirements for your intended Masters, for the two and a few that I've seen and many more, they do not require a specific major or bachelors degree, they just need you to have one.  Moreover, if you have to take a course, make sure to have at least a 3.0 on those courses, some schools require a 3.0 or higher...  again, you have so many choices, if one school isn't the perfect fit, move onto the next - hit them all up by applying to them if there are no application fees.

Okay, thank you a lot for the uplifting works, I really appreciate it!!
After i've researched a lot, it just seems like I need to have a ''relevant'' bachelor for SOME of them, but it doesn't get specified what a ''relevant'' bachelor is and the rest I just need to have a bachelor. So i'm leaning more towards a BALS or maybe a BSBA in GM. I've been looking at the BALS degree plans, but most of them are outdated..

Also, I found this. https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/co...y.com/?c=1
3 months of study.com for 450 dollars, doesn't that sound like a good deal?
I think that it is better to simply buy one month and take thirty classes during that month.
Danielp Wrote:After i've researched a lot, it just seems like I need to have a ''relevant'' bachelor for SOME of them, but it doesn't get specified what a ''relevant'' bachelor is and the rest I just need to have a bachelor. So i'm leaning more towards a BALS or maybe a BSBA in GM. I've been looking at the BALS degree plans, but most of them are outdated..

The BSBA GM and BALS templates in my Beginners Guide are for 2017/2018 - it's not outdated at all, you have two concentrations to choose from for BALS, or more if you prefer - the BALS is slightly cheaper/easier/faster than the BSBA, but since you mentioned you wanted to finish in a year, it's a toss up - the BSBA might be worth it more in the end as it'll get you into the "business field" in addition to whatever concentrations you decide for the BALS.

If you didn't know already, the BALS can use the first 90 credits of the BSBA. You can just take all the same Gen Ed courses first, then the 27 business courses would be moved to the 27 "free electives" for your BALS. The remainder/difference is the AOS/Area Of Study and capstone. Don't worry if you decide halfway through you want to change the degree, the only thing you need changed are the AOS/Capstone if you decide 90 credits in you want a different degree.

eriehiker Wrote:I think that it is better to simply buy one month and take thirty classes during that month.

If this was for Shmoop, I would agree it would be an easy way to get a BALS. However, because it's with Study.com, you only get 2 exams a month for two courses and pay $70/extra exam - that 3-month deal is optimal if you add one or two exams. You can take 2 courses with each month subscription, and if you need to "speed up" your courses, you can take an additional exam or more at $70 each exam for 3 credits each.

Danielp, don't think too much and too hard about what you want - it'll always linger in the back of the brain and your mind will just wander over and over again. Just do the gen-eds first and if you want the cheapest/easiest/fastest, then the BALS with Shmoop courses will be the best route. If you want the BSBA, then the Straighterline/Study.com combo is your best bet. Review my spreadsheets, my friend.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • scout2family
(11-26-2017, 02:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Danielp Wrote:After i've researched a lot, it just seems like I need to have a ''relevant'' bachelor for SOME of them, but it doesn't get specified what a ''relevant'' bachelor is and the rest I just need to have a bachelor. So i'm leaning more towards a BALS or maybe a BSBA in GM. I've been looking at the BALS degree plans, but most of them are outdated..

The BSBA GM and BALS templates in my Beginners Guide are for 2017/2018 - it's not outdated at all, you have two concentrations to choose from for BALS, or more if you prefer - the BALS is slightly cheaper/easier/faster than the BSBA, but since you mentioned you wanted to finish in a year, it's a toss up - the BSBA might be worth it more in the end as it'll get you into the "business field" in addition to whatever concentrations you decide for the BALS.

If you didn't know already, the BALS can use the first 90 credits of the BSBA.  You can just take all the same Gen Ed courses first, then the 27 business courses would be moved to the 27 "free electives" for your BALS.  The remainder/difference is the AOS/Area Of Study and capstone.  Don't worry if you decide halfway through you want to change the degree, the only thing you need changed are the AOS/Capstone if you decide 90 credits in you want a different degree.

eriehiker Wrote:I think that it is better to simply buy one month and take thirty classes during that month.

If this was for Shmoop, I would agree it would be an easy way to get a BALS.  However, because it's with Study.com, you only get 2 exams a month for two courses and pay $70/extra exam - that 3-month deal is optimal if you add one or two exams.  You can take 2 courses with each month subscription, and if you need to "speed up" your courses, you can take an additional exam or more at $70 each exam for 3 credits each.

Danielp, don't think too much and too hard about what you want - it'll always linger in the back of the brain and your mind will just wander over and over again.  Just do the gen-eds first and if you want the cheapest/easiest/fastest, then the BALS with Shmoop courses will be the best route.  If you want the BSBA, then the Straighterline/Study.com combo is your best bet.  Review my spreadsheets, my friend.

Thank you! I finally found the spreadsheets.. The ones I was talking about were the wrong ones. 

Also i'm done with all the free credits and I expect to transfer some of my european credits in january. They will probably count for some credit hours.

I will do the language test as the next thing, where I hopefully will get 24 credits.
(11-26-2017, 06:39 PM)Danielp Wrote: Thank you! I finally found the spreadsheets.. The ones I was talking about were the wrong ones. 

Also i'm done with all the free credits and I expect to transfer some of my european credits in january. They will probably count for some credit hours.

I will do the language test as the next thing, where I hopefully will get 24 credits.

Just keep in mind that bjcheung's spreadsheets are actually changed versions of my spreadsheets, and do not give you ALL of the options you have for all of the courses you can take.  If you only want SL or Study.com, they're fine, but if you think you might want to use another vendor, then let me know and I'll give you my original spreadsheets.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,672 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,776 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,003 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,324 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,683 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero