Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelor's Degree Plan Need Help
Hi everyone, I am trying to get on a fast track to earning any bachelor's degree. I heard the Bachelor's in Liberal Arts (No Concentration) at Excelsior is pretty fast. I recently completed my associates there. I was wondering if someone could help me develop a plan and tell me how many credits I would have left as I am not good at this credit management process. Attached is my unofficial transcript. Thank you.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
Your cheapest/easiest/fastest option is to do all the required courses from CLEP/DSST exams.
I would recommend creating a spreadsheet for courses you have and yet to complete. Then track it.

You might be able to complete a degree plan by following the exam equivalencies on this link from Excelsior:
Good luck! Link: https://documents.excelsior.edu/document...m-catalog/

Update: If you need an example spreadsheet, there are 5 in the Beginners Guide Sticky thread.
You may want to read the details/info in the Beginners Guide, Spreadsheets, and the Wiki.
Even though the spreadsheets are geared towards TESU, you can modify it to your requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you for the information and quick reply. I find that some of the CLEPs/DSSTs are hard to pass. I've only passed 9 of the 20ish taken. How many general eds do I have left? Aren't the CLEPs all lower level credits? Don't I need upper level credits to obtain a bachelors?
In looking at your degree, you might be able to get TESU's BS in Technical Studies; I think you have more than the necessary 15cr of UL for it (plus you'll need to take the capstone).  Also, they have a great military discount, if you're still in; $250/cr for the capstone, and $117 for each TECEP exam.  If you take 7 TECEP's, then the residency waiver is moot.

I know a lot less about Excelsior than TESU, so I'm not going to answer any questions about them, except that I don't think they're cheaper than TESU.

I created a TESU BALS plan for you, and if you want to switch to the BSAST in TS, then you'd need to move a few courses around.  But it's doable.

Attached Files
.xlsx   MrBossmanJr TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 43.26 KB / Downloads: 32)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(11-22-2017, 01:16 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Hi everyone, I am trying to get on a fast track to earning any bachelor's degree. I heard the Bachelor's in Liberal Arts (No Concentration) at Excelsior is pretty fast. I recently completed my associates there. I was wondering if someone could help me develop a plan and tell me how many credits I would have left as I am not good at this credit management process. Attached is my unofficial transcript. Thank you.

The Excelsior College Bachelor's in Liberal Arts (No Concentration) is the most flexible.  You build it yourself.  The TESU would be second.   TESU loves their GEN Edu but EC has more UL requirements.  They are close.  All can be transferred in except the capstone.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Thanks bjcheung77, dfrecore, and life long learning. I'm still not sure. I like the flexible of Excelsior, but I don't know how many credits they will give me. TESU seems good as well based on that spreadsheet, but I'm not a fan of testing. I'm not on a good record of that right now.
(11-23-2017, 08:20 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Thanks bjcheung77, dfrecore, and life long learning. I'm still not sure. I like the flexible of Excelsior, but I don't know how many credits they will give me. TESU seems good as well based on that spreadsheet, but I'm not a fan of testing. I'm not on a good record of that right now.

If you're not into testing, TESU is your best bet and I would recommend them over Excelsior. Since the fees are practically the same after all is said and done... I would recommend going for the BALS (No concentration) or the TESU BSAST Tech Studies, pending your evaluation.

If you can score all the AOS UL with your current education, you just require the General Eds that can be done by SL/Study.com, some of their courses you can pass the class before you do the final proctored exam... Just to give you a little heads up, you maybe able to finish those Gen Eds in as little as 3 months using SL/Study.com, cheap/easy/fast...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm currently taking GEOL114, SOC101, and HIS101 through Excelsior right now. I like TESU and their name, but that means I would have to switch schools and obtain residency through them. I was hoping on just completing a couple classes and a capstone.
I would apply to BOTH and take the better deal!

(11-23-2017, 09:13 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: I'm currently taking GEOL114, SOC101, and HIS101 through Excelsior right now. I like TESU and their name, but that means I would have to switch schools and obtain residency through them. I was hoping on just completing a couple classes and a capstone.

How are these classes thru Excelsior?  Can you do them fast?  It seems these would be cheaper thru a CC?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

They seem alright, but I'm going through the 8 week accelerated courses so the course load can be rough sometimes. I'm using my tuition assistance to pay for them, so they are free right now. I'm just trying to obtain a bachelor's degree super quick like some of these posts. There doesn't seem to be a easy way right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,201 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,674 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,867 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,777 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,005 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,324 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,684 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero