Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signature
I'm trying to setup a signature, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where that is hidden.  A search of the forums says to click on a settings button on the top right area of the screen, but I don't see anything anywhere on the page that says "Settings" top-right or otherwise.  I've been all over the User CP, which is where I'd think it would be.  Apparently I am failing at the application of the 10% rule in this particular use case.

OK, never mind, looked through some myBB documentation, it appears that most boards configure some kind of minimum posting limit before you can access that setting. I'm guessing it's the same way with this board, so I'll eventually gain access to that feature once I've made enough posts.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(12-15-2017, 01:04 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: I'm trying to setup a signature, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where that is hidden.  A search of the forums says to click on a settings button on the top right area of the screen, but I don't see anything anywhere on the page that says "Settings" top-right or otherwise.  I've been all over the User CP, which is where I'd think it would be.  Apparently I am failing at the application of the 10% rule in this particular use case.

OK, never mind, looked through some myBB documentation, it appears that most boards configure some kind of minimum posting limit before you can access that setting. I'm guessing it's the same way with this board, so I'll eventually gain access to that feature once I've made enough posts.

I don't know about number of posts unlocking the feature, but the process to access your signature is:

(Top left) click "User CP" which accesses your User Control Panel.
(Left side column) You'll see "Menu" with 3 sub-folders: Messenger, Your Profile, Misc.
(Left side column) Under "Your Profile" select "change signature"
Use box to create your signature, and be sure to choose the button UNDER your edit box selecting to enable your signature - otherwise it won't be displayed.

Good luck!
(12-15-2017, 09:34 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 01:04 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: I'm trying to setup a signature, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where that is hidden.  A search of the forums says to click on a settings button on the top right area of the screen, but I don't see anything anywhere on the page that says "Settings" top-right or otherwise.  I've been all over the User CP, which is where I'd think it would be.  Apparently I am failing at the application of the 10% rule in this particular use case.

OK, never mind, looked through some myBB documentation, it appears that most boards configure some kind of minimum posting limit before you can access that setting.  I'm guessing it's the same way with this board, so I'll eventually gain access to that feature once I've made enough posts.

I don't know about number of posts unlocking the feature, but the process to access your signature is:

(Top left) click "User CP"  which accesses your User Control Panel.
(Left side column) You'll see "Menu" with 3 sub-folders: Messenger, Your Profile, Misc.
Use box to create your signature, and be sure to choose the button UNDER your edit box selecting to enable your signature - otherwise it won't be displayed.

Good luck!

Yeah, I only have two options under "Your Profile": Edit Profile and Edit Options.  Edit Profile has three suboptions: Change Password, Change Email, and Change Avatar.  Based on the research I've been doing, I'm sure I'll eventually see a Change Signature option once I have enough posts or whatever requirements this particular board has established.
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • cookderosa
(12-15-2017, 01:07 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

OK, never mind, looked through some myBB documentation, it appears that most boards configure some kind of minimum posting limit before you can access that setting.  I'm guessing it's the same way with this board, so I'll eventually gain access to that feature once I've made enough posts.

Good luck!

Yeah, I only have two options under "Your Profile": Edit Profile and Edit Options.  Edit Profile has three suboptions: Change Password, Change Email, and Change Avatar.  Based on the research I've been doing, I'm sure I'll eventually see a Change Signature option once I have enough posts or whatever requirements this particular board has established.
I'm in the same situation. How many posts did you need to unlock the signature option?

~Jenny
(01-11-2018, 10:11 AM)Murdockb Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 01:07 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

Good luck!

I'm in the same situation. How many posts did you need to unlock the signature option?

~Jenny

I don't recall exactly, somewhere around 12-15 posts.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 3 users Like jamshid666's post:
  • cookderosa, Muldoon, OtterDen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Signature in the Forum hsufeng 6 730 03-14-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How do I add a signature line to my messages? tsgreer 5 719 02-27-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: WhoaSis
  Signature ashtonnewman 7 1,642 10-29-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Just testing my new signature... zapproximator 28 4,551 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bmoyer83
  Uploading Images to Signature videogamesrock 9 2,122 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Longest Signature Here Maniac Craniac 38 10,436 08-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  signature question SoliDeoGloria 7 1,608 03-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Last Post: SoliDeoGloria