Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any school that will accept many graduate transfer credits in teaching?
I have 21, possibly 24 graduate credits in education areas. Half are in TESOL, the others are simply EDUC courses. I already have a Master of Arts in Teaching, but these courses were taken outside this master's degree. Is there any way I can apply all of these credits to a second degree of some sorts, e.g. from one of the Big 3?
Here are some ideas:

TESU has a graduate certificate in educational leadership:

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/grad-certifi...ficate.cfm

This is only four classes or 12 credit hours. You might have some of these already. It is possible to transfer credits in. TESU transferred one of these classes in for me.

Amberton has an MA in Professional Development that seems to have good transfer policies:

http://www.amberton.edu/programs-and-cou...lanDetails

I have been looking at the grad. cert. from TESU because I have been thinking about doing a PLA for the rest of the credits, applying for the New Jersey supervisor certificate and then using reciprocity to get the certificate back to Michigan or Wisconsin.
At TESU, if you want a cert and aren't enrolled, you have to take at least 50% of the credits through them. For a 12cr cert, that's going to be $4000 minimum. Mighty expensive cert for someone who already has a Master's degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So, here's a question...

Does enrollment as an undergrad. apply to grad. certificates?

And how soon does enrollment end in the graduation process?

BTW, the TESU grad. cert. is identical to the courses required for the state supervisor certification, so the grad. cert. is really not necessary, just a nice little cherry on top. A person could go directly to the state with the credits to get the certification and then use reciprocity to transfer it to another state.
(12-24-2017, 04:31 PM)eriehiker Wrote: So, here's a question...

Does enrollment as an undergrad. apply to grad. certificates?

And how soon does enrollment end in the graduation process?

BTW, the TESU grad. cert. is identical to the courses required for the state supervisor certification, so the grad. cert. is really not necessary, just a nice little cherry on top.  A person could go directly to the state with the credits to get the certification and then use reciprocity to transfer it to another state.

For TESU: this assumes that the credits the OP has will neatly fit into the cert.  I don't think they will, since they are EDU courses, and the cert is in Leadership.  But it can't hurt to try.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The only reason I brought this up is because I have an MAT. It was all EDU credits. I transferred them in during the BSBA process and two came in as EDL credits.
(12-25-2017, 05:38 PM)eriehiker Wrote: The only reason I brought this up is because I have an MAT. It was all EDU credits. I transferred them in during the BSBA process and two came in as EDL credits.

Now THAT is interesting......
Here are the two EDU graduate courses that came in as EDL for me:

EDU 690 Collaborative Action Research came in as EDL 510 Inquiry Process
EDU 598 Curriculum Design/Assessment came in as EDL 520 Cycle of Leadership

These were both from my Marygrove College MAT that I finished in 2003.

I am planning to research the credit transfers to see if I can find some additional info. that might make a few more EDU classes EDL classes. Then I am going to research the PLA process for additional EDL credits at TESU with the hopes of earning the Educational Leadership graduate certificate, or at least the ability to send the credits to the State of New Jersey for the supervisor certificate and then reciprocity to Michigan and Wisconsin.

Some other strategies that I am thinking about: 1) I might try to find an inexpensive EDU or EDL class that could transfer in as one of the four required classes. 2) I might try to see if any of my current classes might transfer to another university as one of the four classes. I think that I would be able to send several transcripts to the State of New Jersey for the certificate. 3) I might scan the other states with reciprocity agreements to see if I might be able to earn the certificate with different combinations of already earned credits.
(12-25-2017, 10:10 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Here are the two EDU graduate courses that came in as EDL for me:

EDU 690 Collaborative Action Research came in as EDL 510 Inquiry Process
EDU 598 Curriculum Design/Assessment came in as EDL 520 Cycle of Leadership

These were both from my Marygrove College MAT that I finished in 2003.

I am planning to research the credit transfers to see if I can find some additional info. that might make a few more EDU classes EDL classes. Then I am going to research the PLA process for additional EDL credits at TESU with the hopes of earning the Educational Leadership graduate certificate, or at least the ability to send the credits to the State of New Jersey for the supervisor certificate and then reciprocity to Michigan and Wisconsin.

Some other strategies that I am thinking about: 1) I might try to find an inexpensive EDU or EDL class that could transfer in as one of the four required classes. 2) I might try to see if any of my current classes might transfer to another university as one of the four classes. I think that I would be able to send several transcripts to the State of New Jersey for the certificate. 3) I might scan the other states with reciprocity agreements to see if I might be able to earn the certificate with different combinations of already earned credits.

I like that you're working this puzzle. As you may have read, there are a handful of EDU graduate courses floating around for dirt cheap.... would be nice to find a way to use them that resulted in a credential AND was economical. Currently, I believe Amberton is the default suggested route for inexpensive EDU courses. VESI and Learner.org are the 2 providers I'm mainly referring to.
Amberton U is a solid choice for sure. I wish they had not raised their prices and as a bonus, transferred in 18 credits over 12 to call it even Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,800 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 181 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,892 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,298 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? soulblader 14 635 03-30-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,038 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,035 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,079 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,678 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,770 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG