Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Academy In-Person Test Proctoring?
Anyone have experience with this? All pertinent information was submitted two weeks in advance and now two weeks after the proposed test date (four weeks after the submission), my proctor still has yet to receive a response.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
(12-27-2017, 01:44 AM)MSK9 Wrote: Anyone have experience with this? All pertinent information was submitted two weeks in advance and now two weeks after the proposed test date (four weeks after the submission), my proctor still has yet to receive a response.

you should contact Saylor asap
(12-27-2017, 10:32 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 01:44 AM)MSK9 Wrote: Anyone have experience with this? All pertinent information was submitted two weeks in advance and now two weeks after the proposed test date (four weeks after the submission), my proctor still has yet to receive a response.

you should contact Saylor asap

Yeah, posted that during the holiday. Going to give them a call today. Thanks! Big Grin
Still no response from Saylor, though it could still be due to the holidays. Does anyone have a point of contact beyond the general contact@saylor.org address?
(12-31-2017, 07:30 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Still no response from Saylor, though it could still be due to the holidays. Does anyone have a point of contact beyond the general contact@saylor.org address?

Are you on Facebook? If so, go to my FB page Homeschooling for College Credit. https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolingforCollegeCredit/
This morning's post (pinned to the top) is liked by Jeff Davidson. He is the Executive Director of Saylor. If you "reply" in that post, you'll be able to tag him directly. Wink
(01-01-2018, 08:38 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 07:30 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Still no response from Saylor, though it could still be due to the holidays. Does anyone have a point of contact beyond the general contact@saylor.org address?

Are you on Facebook?  If so, go to my FB page Homeschooling for College Credit. https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolingforCollegeCredit/  
This morning's post (pinned to the top) is liked by Jeff Davidson.  He is the Executive Director of Saylor.  If you "reply" in that post, you'll be able to tag him directly. Wink

Excellent. Thank you! Big Grin
Hi MSK9, can you let us know how the process works? It's a little confusing reading their webpage.
I'm going to be doing some Saylor courses and would like to get them all done with an in-person proctor.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Hi MSK9

How does the in-person proctoring work? Is it still an online test or they send the physical exam paper to the proctor?
Hi, Lewis.Yim and msganti,

Here's a link to Saylor Academy's test proctoring section of their website:
https://sayloracademy.zendesk.com/hc/en-...am-proctor

Basically, the person you desire to be a proctor submits information through a form on their website and sends a scan of a photo ID card. Once Saylor Academy approves the proctor, a testing date is requested. When the date comes, your proctor is provided with a password through a secure channel that will allow them to login to the direct credit exam for you so you can take it. The test is online, just like the non-credit exam.

Hope this helps!
[-] The following 2 users Like MSK9's post:
  • hsfamfun, Yenisei
Just an update on the "in person proctoring" process:

I met my proctor at the library and set up my laptop. I went down to the Direct Credit Final Exam, which asked for password provided by my proctor. I completed the test, got my certificate and applied for ACE credit. Easy peazy. The exam always has a timer listed and you have two hours to answer fifty questions.
[-] The following 5 users Like MSK9's post:
  • cookderosa, hsfamfun, jch, msganti, slmartin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 301 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,295 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,519 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 532 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,901 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,270 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,263 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 841 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,150 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 809 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore