Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU?
That is pretty ambitious with having to take the capstone too but you have nothing to lose. Just don't kill yourself. If you get too burnt out it kills the momentum.
MTS (in progress) Nations University (started Nov. 10 2017)
3 courses down; 9 more to go
Advanced Diploma (in progress) Messianic Studies Institute  
2016/2017 Term 1: Intermediate Greek (Wallace); Terms 2 & 3: Koine Greek Translation, Philippians; Term 3: Gospel of John; Term 4: Revelation
2017/2018 Term 1: Hebrew 1; Torah; Term 2: Hebrew 2 & Greek Review
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -completed September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • leland.kirk
Do you guys know if I was supposed to transfer in the few credits I have so far before hearing anything about acceptance?
When I log in to my account it shows my entry term as 'undecided', and I haven't got an email from them or anything.
But after seeing this:
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/Apply-Undergrad.cfm
I'm wondering if I skipped something?
(01-17-2018, 04:29 PM)leland.kirk Wrote: Do you guys know if I was supposed to transfer in the few credits I have so far before hearing anything about acceptance?
When I log in to my account it shows my entry term as 'undecided', and I haven't got an email from them or anything.
But after seeing this:
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/Apply-Undergrad.cfm
I'm wondering if I skipped something?

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by "entry term" I don't find anything labelled that in OSS. No, you don't need to transfer anything in to be accepted. How long has it been? if more than a week, I'd definitely call and see what's wrong.
TESU BA in Comp Sci completed. 51 units completed in 20 months.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Intro to Anthro, Pers Fin, Intro Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • leland.kirk
(01-17-2018, 04:57 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by "entry term" I don't find anything labelled that in OSS. No, you don't need to transfer anything in to be accepted. How long has it been? if more than a week, I'd definitely call and see what's wrong.

'Anticipated Entry Term' was just a thing I saw in the profile they have you make, but I didn't see a way to change it from 'undecided'.
I only submitted the app last Friday morning, I guess it just felt like a little longer than that. So I'll probably wait until next Monday to contact them if I don't hear anything.

Thanks!
Hey guys,

Super noob here. Just found the forums this morning, so I'm sorry to post here a bit randomly.

@Leland.kirk, where are you able to see what courses TESU requires and equivalent classes on Shmoop, study.com, etc?  I'd love to graduate in September with an English degree as well, and I have about 90 credits (mostly CLEP) but no idea how they match up.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm not as qualified as some of the other guys here, but you can get all of your upper level lit requirements from Shmoop, and those are Modernist Lit, Women's Lit, Holocaust Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, and one other that I'm forgetting at the moment.

It may be easier to make a new post of what you have so far and we can help you as a collective!
(01-20-2018, 12:19 PM)Cealcrest Wrote: Hey guys,

Super noob here. Just found the forums this morning, so I'm sorry to post here a bit randomly.

@Leland.kirk, where are you able to see what courses TESU requires and equivalent classes on Shmoop, study.com, etc?  I'd love to graduate in September with an English degree as well, and I have about 90 credits (mostly CLEP) but no idea how they match up.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Start a new thread, post your credits, and we can help.
WVNCC - A.A.S. - 5/2017
TESU BSBA in HR
(in progress) - 112cr, only 3 more classes to go...
GGU Certificate in Management - 2000

EXAMS: TECEP - Tech Writing 84%, Engl Comp II 79%, Applied LibArts Math 90%, Public Rel 70%, Computers 75%  DSST - Intro to Computers/437, Pers Finance/458  CLEP - Management/69, Marketing/67

COURSES: Ed4Credit - Accounting II 85%  Penn Foster - Financial Mgmt 92%  ALEKS - Int Alg, College Alg  Sophia - Project Management 85% Insurance Inst. of America - Ethics 72%  Kaplan PLA

B&M COURSESPalomar College - Organizational Theory (3cr)  Mission College (36cr)  Golden Gate Univ (12cr UL, 3cr LL)  San Jose State Univ (12cr UL, 9cr LL)
(01-12-2018, 01:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Specifically for the degree in English, I would take those UL (per TESU) Shmoop courses, and then enroll and transfer them in. After that, you're probably fine, as Gen Ed's and LL AOS courses won't be an issue.

Get those UL Shmoop courses on your transcript and into your degree plan ASAP!!
Which Shmoop ULs are accepted by TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU not accepting straighterline email transcript dropout2PE2BSBA 1 8 2 minutes ago
Last Post: jsd
  Statistics, think TESU will give me credit for this class? StoicJ 5 172 2 hours ago
Last Post: StoicJ
  TESU CS catalog change homeschoolmom1 12 441 2 hours ago
Last Post: dfrecore
Wink Critique my degree plan! (TESU BSBA in CIS) Tolpeko 16 1,975 2 hours ago
  TESU International Buisness AOS credits? strawberryxfuzz 6 201 01-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: ozed
Thumbs Up Roadmap Refinement Help? TESU BALS MSK9 15 314 01-21-2018, 05:49 PM
Question TESU BSBA Capstone BUS-421 allvia 3 155 01-21-2018, 05:41 PM
  Enroll/Register at TESU: what is cheapest path to get started? sheagang6 5 126 01-21-2018, 05:38 PM
  What are the TESU changes? jb111 13 617 01-20-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CFP® + ChFC® + TESU Acceptance Email Gloddy 9 518 01-20-2018, 07:12 PM