Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With all this spooky talk of changes, should I go ahead and get started with TESU?
That is pretty ambitious with having to take the capstone too but you have nothing to lose. Just don't kill yourself. If you get too burnt out it kills the momentum.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • leland.kirk
Do you guys know if I was supposed to transfer in the few credits I have so far before hearing anything about acceptance?
When I log in to my account it shows my entry term as 'undecided', and I haven't got an email from them or anything.
But after seeing this:
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/Apply-Undergrad.cfm
I'm wondering if I skipped something?
(01-17-2018, 04:29 PM)leland.kirk Wrote: Do you guys know if I was supposed to transfer in the few credits I have so far before hearing anything about acceptance?
When I log in to my account it shows my entry term as 'undecided', and I haven't got an email from them or anything.
But after seeing this:
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/Apply-Undergrad.cfm
I'm wondering if I skipped something?

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by "entry term" I don't find anything labelled that in OSS. No, you don't need to transfer anything in to be accepted. How long has it been? if more than a week, I'd definitely call and see what's wrong.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • leland.kirk
(01-17-2018, 04:57 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by "entry term" I don't find anything labelled that in OSS. No, you don't need to transfer anything in to be accepted. How long has it been? if more than a week, I'd definitely call and see what's wrong.

'Anticipated Entry Term' was just a thing I saw in the profile they have you make, but I didn't see a way to change it from 'undecided'.
I only submitted the app last Friday morning, I guess it just felt like a little longer than that. So I'll probably wait until next Monday to contact them if I don't hear anything.

Thanks!
Hey guys,

Super noob here. Just found the forums this morning, so I'm sorry to post here a bit randomly.

@Leland.kirk, where are you able to see what courses TESU requires and equivalent classes on Shmoop, study.com, etc?  I'd love to graduate in September with an English degree as well, and I have about 90 credits (mostly CLEP) but no idea how they match up.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm not as qualified as some of the other guys here, but you can get all of your upper level lit requirements from Shmoop, and those are Modernist Lit, Women's Lit, Holocaust Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, and one other that I'm forgetting at the moment.

It may be easier to make a new post of what you have so far and we can help you as a collective!
(01-20-2018, 12:19 PM)Cealcrest Wrote: Hey guys,

Super noob here. Just found the forums this morning, so I'm sorry to post here a bit randomly.

@Leland.kirk, where are you able to see what courses TESU requires and equivalent classes on Shmoop, study.com, etc?  I'd love to graduate in September with an English degree as well, and I have about 90 credits (mostly CLEP) but no idea how they match up.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Start a new thread, post your credits, and we can help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-12-2018, 01:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Specifically for the degree in English, I would take those UL (per TESU) Shmoop courses, and then enroll and transfer them in. After that, you're probably fine, as Gen Ed's and LL AOS courses won't be an issue.

Get those UL Shmoop courses on your transcript and into your degree plan ASAP!!
Which Shmoop ULs are accepted by TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore