Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do transcripts work?
So, I'm applying to grad school and they all want "official transcripts from every college you have attended"

I have attended two community colleges, did some classes at Patten University and two at TESU (capstone and one TECEP).   

The rest of what I have was ACE credit from:
Straighterline 
Study.com
Kaplan
NFA
Sofia
TEEX
etc

HOW do those random ACE credits work in terms of sending the official transcripts?  I know how to order the transcripts from the Comm Colleges, Patten and TESU.   just not sure about the others...? do I go to every one of those sites or are they just "on" my TESU transcript??
The school would see them on your TESU transcript, assuming you put them all on your ACE transcript and sent them to TESU.

(01-13-2018, 04:48 PM)Ideas Wrote: The school would see them on your TESU transcript, assuming you put them all on your ACE transcript and sent them to TESU.

OK, yes, I ran them through ACE and then to TESU....so I would just need the transcripts from the ACTUAL schools --the two Comm Colleges and Patten and TESU.  nothing from straighterline, etc...right?
I would order the transcripts from the two community colleges, Patten and TESU, and order one from ACE as well to send it to the school directly - it tells the school which courses came from which provider. They need to know where the source came from, I think TESU just indicates the ACE courses but doesn't show which provider it comes from. Someone who has gotten a TESU transcript may better advise you - (as I haven't ordered a TESU transcript yet, but recall that it only shows the course, not where it comes from).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-13-2018, 04:36 PM)CM1999 Wrote: So, I'm applying to grad school and they all want "official transcripts from every college you have attended"

I have attended two community colleges, did some classes at Patten University and two at TESU (capstone and one TECEP).   

The rest of what I have was ACE credit from:
Straighterline 
Study.com
Kaplan
NFA
Sofia
TEEX
etc

HOW do those random ACE credits work in terms of sending the official transcripts?  I know how to order the transcripts from the Comm Colleges, Patten and TESU.   just not sure about the others...? do I go to every one of those sites or are they just "on" my TESU transcript??

You'll send them from both CCs, Patten, and TESU. Your ACE credits didn't come from a college.
(01-13-2018, 06:44 PM)cookderosa Wrote: You'll send them from both CCs, Patten, and TESU.  Your ACE credits didn't come from a college.

That's the way I did it. If it's not an actual accredited school, you don't send it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Great to know ACE transcripts are not required, I guess that they only require college/uni documents. To be on the safe side and providing as much info as I can, I usually give them everything I have including my ACE credits for each school I apply to evaluate.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
They want transcripts "from every college you've attended." ACE isn't a college, therefore, they don't want the transcript. Plus, there are no grades on ACE, so it won't help them calculate a GPA or anything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-13-2018, 09:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great to know ACE transcripts are not required, I guess that they only require college/uni documents. To be on the safe side and providing as much info as I can, I usually give them everything I have including my ACE credits for each school I apply to evaluate.

If applying to an undergrad program, you'll need to send all ACE. If applying to grad school you wouldn't unless they asked for them. An example of when they may ask is if one of your ACE (pass/fail) courses was to meet an admissions prereq- I'd expect them to ask in that case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Enrollment Link doesnt work anymore daguda 10 1,445 08-15-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: nadaone
  CS degree or not? Data Analytics? For my work situation Ideas 28 2,706 01-28-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Online Masters level modules for free if you live/work in Wales nyvrem 3 919 09-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Transcripts for US grad or law programs canuckian 6 838 06-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Last Post: canuckian
  Any sources for inexpensive/nontraditional masters-level social work classes? studyingfortests 4 931 06-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  West Texas A&M ACE/Study.com not accepted for Masters work Gloddy 14 3,156 10-01-2018, 02:39 AM
Last Post: NolaRice
  Univ. of MI School of Social Work Certificates eriehiker 1 1,208 04-12-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Anything I can work on now? while i wait to apply to WGU MSML BearEDU 6 2,645 02-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Last Post: BearEDU
  Transcripts and admissions question Test-o-matic 11 2,106 10-13-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock