Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get a fourth UL History course?
TESU finished evaluating my transcripts, and I found I'm further from completing a BA in History than I previously estimated. I need four UL History courses. I already am in-progress on the UL Civil War and UL Vietnam War courses at Study.com. I also plan to take the DSST in Soviet History, which I believe is also UL. But that leaves me one course away. Does anyone know an affordable source of one additional course? If I took an UL Historical Methods, can that could to fulfill both the UL History and Historical Methods requirement, appearing in both places on the credit evaluation?
If any course in your AOS is designated as UL, it counts as going toward the UL requirement while also satisfying a required course. For example in the English degree (I thought that's what you were pursuing??) Non-Western lit could be found as LL or UL. If I take one that they deem UL, I meet both requirements with the same course.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(01-16-2018, 09:23 PM)originalamyj Wrote: If any course in your AOS is designated as UL, it counts as going toward the UL requirement while also satisfying a required course. For example in the English degree (I thought that's what you were pursuing??) Non-Western lit could be found as LL or UL. If I take one that they deem UL, I meet both requirements with the same course.

Thanks for the help! I am going for a double major, one in History and one in English, as I work as a teacher teaching ELA and hope to also teacher History. I think having both majors will look better on a resume, but maybe I'm wrong.
Diversification is a great idea for teachers! Plus the two subjects can go hand in hand so well. Smile
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
You need 18cr of UL in the major, the Capstone counts as one, and I only show you having 3 courses (Vietnam, Civil War & Soviet Union). Here are the ones I know of:

Coopersmith $150
Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the US (don't know the course equivalency, so check ahead of time)

CSU-Global CBE $250
US History 1945-Present

And I think just about any Historical Methods course you take will be UL. I would make sure that it is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
iirc, the Uexcel test World Conflicts since 1900 is UL.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(01-21-2018, 04:11 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: iirc, the Uexcel test World Conflicts since 1900 is UL.

Can anyone confirm this?
Confirmed in the first link, goes directly to Excelsior page: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uexcel+world+conflicts+since+1900
Moreover, the second link is the PDF telling you everything you need to know about the Uexcel exam...

Side note: Majority of courses that are UL at another 4-year college/univ will transfer to TESU as UL
If the course is LL at a college/univ or coming from a community college (even though it's got similar content) are LL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-21-2018, 10:09 AM)Pelican Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 04:11 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: iirc, the Uexcel test World Conflicts since 1900 is UL.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, although you may want to get this pre-approved before you take it.  In all the years I've been keeping track, I don't have info on this one as to what it transfers in as.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I took this Uexcel in 2016 and it came into TESU as HIS399.

There is a lot of material covered on the exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,125 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  History Plan? Brad3529 8 1,674 05-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Would someone take a look at my degree plan for TESU (Psychology and History)? Nell0330 9 1,950 04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU BA in History backthatazzup2345 4 1,135 04-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Does TESU allow duplication of History of Vietnam War credits? Pelican 2 1,143 03-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Pelican
Question TESU BA in English and History rachel83az 6 1,619 03-19-2018, 12:20 AM
Last Post: originalamyj
  Please critique this TESU BA History Degree Plan redsfaithful 14 3,670 01-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Rteurowise
  Non-Western History at TESU 25BangBang 6 1,696 01-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Last Post: npk32
  Historical Methods/Historiography New TESC History Requirement as of July 2015 groundhog 17 4,095 06-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: davewill