Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the TESU changes?
Can anyone please explain the upcoming TESU changes?  I think I'm hearing 2 things:

1) April 1 fee increases (TESU told me over the phone today, this is not final, "Yet".  They will send a notification if it's going to happen).
2) Study.com affiliate discount going away (TESU says this is not true).

Just wanting to clarify.  Either way, it seems we can pay residency (and possibly graduation) in advance at the lower rate - good for those who are close.  Thanks.
Technically, the study.com discount isn't going away. What's happening is the old contact is expiring. Because of a fluke in the terms of that contract, TESU's last price increase did not affect the affiliate prices. We expect that when this contract expires that the affiliate pricing will go back to being a modest 5-10% off instead of the huge savings it is now. So when you ask if it's "going away" they answer, "No." with a straight face.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • cookderosa, jb111
(01-18-2018, 10:18 AM)davewill Wrote: Technically, the study.com discount isn't going away. What's happening is the old contact is expiring. Because of a fluke in the terms of that contract, TESU's last price increase did not affect the affiliate prices. We expect that when this contract expires that the affiliate pricing will go back to being a modest 5-10% off instead of the huge savings it is now. So when you ask if it's "going away" they answer, "No." with a straight face.

Makes sense.  Thank you
I think fee increases normally happen on July 1, but the past couple of years they've made other changes in April.

I would say that there is really no way to know what kinds of changes TESU may make, or when, and so you just have to go with what is current now. If you want to lock in a catalog, you can do that by enrolling so that your degree requirements won't change. But that does not lock in fees.

No one at TESU will tell you, either because they're not allowed to, or more likely, because they don't know what those changes will be. Those kinds of changes are made at a much higher level than advisor/enrollment, and the info isn't passed down very early.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My recollection from last year was the announcement of fee increases hit rather under the radar... Late one night a new fee schedule mysteriously updated - no emails, no advance notifications. Fortunately, this board picked it up almost immediately and by the next morning a dozen of us were on the phone asking questions. I remember I was just starting my capstone and applying for graduation. It caused a little stress but worked out in the end. If you can get everything together before April 1 I highly recommend doing so.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(01-19-2018, 08:43 PM)rlw74 Wrote: My recollection from last year was the announcement of fee increases hit rather under the radar... Late one night a new fee schedule mysteriously updated - no emails, no advance notifications. Fortunately, this board picked it up almost immediately and by the next morning a dozen of us were on the phone asking questions. I remember I was just starting my capstone and applying for graduation. It caused a little stress but worked out in the end. If you can get everything together before April 1 I highly recommend doing so.

Is there a specific point in the process I should try to call them and switch to the study.com affiliate status if I didn't do that part when I applied?
Go ahead and do it now. I asked for it before I had submitted a study.com transcript. Some have been told recently that they need proof first but I think that depends on who you talk to. Go ahead and ask now for it regardless and if they need the transcript they'll add it when they get the transcript.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(01-20-2018, 07:08 AM)leland.kirk Wrote: Is there a specific point in the process I should try to call them and switch to the study.com affiliate status if I didn't do that part when I applied?

Yesterday. Seriously, the sooner you do it the more time you have to deal with any roadblocks they try to throw your way. Also, it becomes one less thing to do when you decide to register.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you guys! It'll be a relief to lock everything in and just worry about earning credits and getting them in
I've got a few questions.

It looks like I'm going to need three UL accounting courses, the Capstone, Business Comms, and Business in Society. I felt comfortable about getting these done by June 30th, but March 31st? No way. What is my best course here? Haven't applied yet to TESU.

Just to explain- I only need three more accounting courses to sit for/eventually get licensed the CPA. I thought having a BSBA in Accounting to go along with that would be good, but it's not an absolute necessity since I already have a bachelor's degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,587 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore