Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com General Questions
"However, I found very few duplicate questions."

I've seen tons of them. I guess everyone takes different classes though
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

I've passed 10 classes on study.com so far. If you don't like videos, there is a transcript for each video right below it, which is good if you are a speed reader. You can take the quizzes over if you don't like your first grade, and if you get 100% on all your quizzes, you only need a 56 to pass the final. Though, between watching the videos and retaking the quizzes where I had trouble, I have yet to get below a 75% on any of the proctored finals. The coolest thing about Study.com is if you are taking multiple courses in the same field, there are lots of repeated videos between classes that you get credit for from the previous classes. So, I have classes that are already showing up as 67% completed even though I haven't started them yet, just from repeated topics from the other classes.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • Yenisei
So you can take the quizzes as many times as you want? Is it open book and does it count as an assignment? Also are the questions on the quizzes on the final exam?
I think you can take them 3 times. There is a study section. I can't remember what it's called but the answers are there when you click on it. They also tell you which answers are correct and which are wrong. After a while I just went with 4's and 5's. I didn't try to get perfect scores because it usually only made a difference of a point or two on the final.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(01-20-2018, 09:02 PM)coefam Wrote: So you can take the quizzes as many times as you want? Is it open book and does it count as an assignment? Also are the questions on the quizzes on the final exam?

I reckon you could have two tabs open, one on the quiz, and the other on the video transcript.  But, really, as long as you pay attention, I didn't find it was that difficult to score well.  If you are watching lots of videos in a row and get to the point that you can't focus well for the 5-10 minutes to watch each video and pass the quiz, it is likely time to take a break from your computer.  I would strongly recommend about not using an "open book" as you want to be able to remember at least enough to pass the final.  That said, if I want to retake a quiz, I will review the wrong answers that I got, then rewatch the video paying particular attention to the section I apparently didn't understand.

I'd say the hardest part of study.com is writing the essays in the upper level classes.  My suggestion to get through the essay is first read the description detailing the essay description.  Then look at the rubric that describes what you will be graded on.  Between the essay description and the rubric, make a quick outline the includes all of the points that need to be covered to get a passing grade.  Once you have that, it's just a matter of flushing out the details and finding sources to throw in some clever quotes (make sure you footnote them correctly).  Remember, when it comes to writing essays, it's 10% facts, 10% hitting all of the graded points, and 80% fluff and filler to make it an interesting read between the facts.  A lot of people stress over writing essays, but that's because they don't do them often.  If you practice writing essays about anything, you will get to the point that it's not really a big deal.  If you have access to Microsoft Word, there's a AP format template that helps get your formatting correct, so one less thing to worry about.  The Microsoft template isn't 100% accurate, but it's close enough that I've never had a problem with any of my submissions, though things will likely get pickier once you get into the graduate level.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • Yenisei
I also enjoy study’s format especially after slowing down right now to do my UL courses through Shmoop.

One thing I really like about study is that you can take 3 (I think) practice finals. You’ll see that you are like in the 75% or better range on those and it’ll give you confidence that you’ll be fine on the final.

I retained a lot from those courses actually.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 145 30 minutes ago
Last Post: jch
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,486 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,631 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,295 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 764 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,044 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,917 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue