Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College wants syllabus from ALEKS??/
I took statistics through ALEKS and had it transcribed to my ace transcript. Now my school is asking for a syllabus. I searched on the ALEKS site and can't find a syllabus just a page describing the topics taught. Any ideas????
MSN-Nursing- Western Governor's University (In Progress)
BSN- Nursing- Western Governor's University
ASN- Nursing- Excelsior 
AAS- Emergency Medical Technology-Paramedic- Erie Community College
BS- Biochemistry- University at Buffalo

CLEP
Intro Psych, Intro Soc, College Composition, A&I Literature

ALEKS

Beg Alg, Int Alg, College Alg, Intro to stats

Geneva College
Intro to stats

Uexcel
Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Safety
Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Differences
Foundations in Nursing Practice
Transition to the Professional Nurse Role
Reproductive Health
Health Differences Across the Life Span 1
Health Differences Across the Life Span 2
Health Differences Across the Life Span 3
Focused Clinical Competency Assessment
Microbiology
College Writing

Torah College

Information Literacy
They had a few stats courses... Was it intro to statistics? If so, I'd use this:

https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/course...ostatistic

There's not really a traditional syllabus since it's not a traditional course. You could also direct them to the ACE description of the course:

Quote:Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
Organization:
ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill)
ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill); Northern Kentucky University
Length:
6 -- 18 weeks (60 hours)
Dates Offered:
12/1/2013 - 8/31/2017
Objective:
The course objective is to enable students to gain a mastery of mathematical understanding skills corresponding to given level of study, enabling both practical application and further study at appropriate higher level.
Learning Outcome:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to perform operations and conversions with whole numbers, decimals, percentages, and fractions; solve and graph linear equations; understand and interpret graphical representations of data and measures of central tendency; compute probabilities of independent and dependent events and conditional probability; compute distributions and confidence intervals; understand sample sizes, power, and errors; perform hypothesis tests; perform regressions; perform ANOVA, Chi-square, and Non-parametric tests.
Instruction:
The methods of instruction include audio visual materials, case studies, practical exercises, and computer-based training. The general course topics include mathematical readiness; descriptive statistics; probability; random variables and distributions; confidence intervals and hypothesis testing; regression and correlation; ANOVA, Chi-square and Non-parametric tests.
Assessment:
The method of assessment is an evaluation by ALEKS which is an adaptive, qualitative assessment producing an inventory of topics mastered and a prescriptive guide to proximal learning with a minimum passing score of 70 percent.
Credit Recommendation:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in mathematics or statistics (12/13).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • allvia
I would send them both the ACE listing and the pdf from the link above.
Call or email ALEKS.  It's in their best interests for colleges to like their credits.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(01-20-2018, 12:09 AM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Call or email ALEKS.  It's in their best interests for colleges to like their credits.

They'd probably be more interested if they offered courses for college credit any more.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • High_Order1, Life Long Learning
Dumb question: what's the difference between a syllabus and a list of topics taught?

Since it's not a course taught by a college, they may not have a syllabus.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jsd
From my limited experience, a syllabus has more data than just a topic list. Enabling and terminal objectives, required / recommended reading, assignments, external references used in building the course, and sometimes a blurb about the person that built the content.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

(01-19-2018, 05:18 PM)heinzmoleman Wrote: I took statistics through ALEKS and had it transcribed to my ace transcript. Now my school is asking for a syllabus. I searched on the ALEKS site and can't find a syllabus just a page describing the topics taught. Any ideas????

Contact ALEKS customer support- they may have a pdf showing full scope and sequence.

(01-20-2018, 01:56 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Dumb question: what's the difference between a syllabus and a list of topics taught?

Since it's not a course taught by a college, they may not have a syllabus.

You're right, and their ask may be a precursor to denying this credit. My money says they think ALEKS is a college.

When I taught college level in Iowa, our district set the template for our course's syllabus. We (teachers) all had to "fill in the blanks" and file it with our department. Topics taught would have been 1 section (along with book, faculty contact info, office hours, objectives, and rubric, etc.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 562 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 822 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,312 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Study.com acquires Enhanced Prep (K-12 tutoring, College Prep Provider) bjcheung77 5 791 03-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Fastest/Cheapest way to obtain college credit for CPA License (Massachusetts) Fastestwaytopcpa 1 872 10-18-2022, 11:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College Algebra and fast petethejuggler 12 1,466 09-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP