Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU CS catalog change
It sure was nice when Linear Algebra could be used as 3 UL. I think we will do study.com Digital Marketing, MIS somewhere and Saylor Software Engineering. Then, try to find Operating Systems and Computer Architecture as UL (not from community college). Then, all the others can be LL (discrete math, data structures, programming). Still, quite a lot of classes that cannot be tested out of. Now, let's lock in the catalog before they add calculusII+III and LA...
Davar is decent for MIS.

Yeah I'd like to see test-out options for a few more.

Since they already made this change, I hope they don't make any more changes for a while.

(01-23-2018, 07:59 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: It sure was nice when Linear Algebra could be used as 3 UL. I think we will do study.com Digital Marketing, MIS somewhere and Saylor Software Engineering. Then, try to find Operating Systems and Computer Architecture as UL (not from community college). Then, all the others can be LL (discrete math, data structures, programming). Still, quite a lot of classes that cannot be tested out of. Now, let's lock in the catalog before they add calculusII+III and LA...

Especially since Westcott offered online self-paced classes - Calc III was 4cr for $544, and Linear Algebra was 4cr UL for $569.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-23-2018, 07:59 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: It sure was nice when Linear Algebra could be used as 3 UL. I think we will do study.com Digital Marketing, MIS somewhere and Saylor Software Engineering. Then, try to find Operating Systems and Computer Architecture as UL (not from community college). Then, all the others can be LL (discrete math, data structures, programming).

Oh yeah about LA being UL.

Remember the DSST probably counts as UL.

In addition there's at least one that should be UL at CSU-Global.

(01-24-2018, 06:48 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 07:59 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: It sure was nice when Linear Algebra could be used as 3 UL. I think we will do study.com Digital Marketing, MIS somewhere and Saylor Software Engineering. Then, try to find Operating Systems and Computer Architecture as UL (not from community college). Then, all the others can be LL (discrete math, data structures, programming).

Oh yeah about LA being UL.

Remember the DSST probably counts as UL.

In addition there's at least one that should be UL at CSU-Global.

Yes LinAlg can be taken as UL, but the problem is that LinAlg does not appear to count as an AOS course for CS anymore, so it doesn't matter that it's UL.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
They have also removed Calculus II from the requirements. Both of these changes will affect my path as both Linear and Calc II could have been used in Double Major CS/Math.

Discrete is not in Math path,
Calculus II now not in CS path.

6 more required Credits also.

Now only 21 free electives vs 27 previously.
(02-06-2018, 04:22 PM)ttower Wrote: They have also removed Calculus II from the requirements. Both of these changes will affect my path as both Linear and Calc II could have been used in Double Major CS/Math.

Discrete is not in Math path,
Calculus II now not in CS path.

6 more required Credits also.

Now only 21 free electives vs 27 previously.

Were you applied/enrolled when the older requirements were in force? If so, you should be able to get them to accept the requirements in force at the time.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

Yes, I was enrolled. But not in that degree. My plan is completing BIS then double MATH/CS.

Other Changes to AOS was addition of Computer Security and Wed Development and Design.
(02-06-2018, 04:47 PM)ttower Wrote: Yes, I was enrolled. But not in that degree. My plan is completing BIS then double MATH/CS.

Other Changes to AOS was addition of Computer Security and Wed Development and Design.

I'd try anyway. You were enrolled and definitely planning based on your catalog, not a new one.

(01-23-2018, 07:59 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: It sure was nice when Linear Algebra could be used as 3 UL. I think we will do study.com Digital Marketing, MIS somewhere and Saylor Software Engineering. Then, try to find Operating Systems and Computer Architecture as UL (not from community college). Then, all the others can be LL (discrete math, data structures, programming). Still, quite a lot of classes that cannot be tested out of. Now, let's lock in the catalog before they add calculusII+III and LA...

As a heads up, I don't believe Digital Marketing will go into the AOS. I completed Digital Marketing. It seems to work for the ASNSM-CS, but not the BA-CS.

I think there's a chance they allow Linear Algebra and/or Calc II and/or Calc III to be one of the AOS Electives. Maybe even more than one. 

However, I think it's not going to be hard to find Operating Systems and Computer Architecture as UL. Then add DSST Cybersecurity, MIS, and Software Engineering to get the UL met. Also there's at least one CSU-G CBE which is UL. I think there's 2 but I don't think credit could be gotten for both. Just guessing though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,973 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,099 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore