Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree audit update
Approximately one month ago, I created a thread asking for help. My goal was to get a bachelor degree as soon as possible. After some answers for various users, I decided to take advantage of free enrollment with Charter Oak. I was trying to get a bachelor with a foreign language background but it appears they still have not received my credits from the Defense Language Institute. Today they emailed me my degree audit.
I'm not really understanding what I should do at this point? Charter Oak doesn't seem to provide any language courses. With this said what can I test out of? I also would mind looking at a simple liberal arts bachelor degree if it will be faster. 
Thank you for everyone's help.

Attached Files
.pdf   audit.pdf (Size: 89.23 KB / Downloads: 34)
I would wait until they get the DLI courses transcribed. Contact them and ask if they've received it yet. No matter what degree you get, those courses are going to be important (they should be a bunch of UL courses).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi!

I don't know what I'm talking about.

That is the first COSC review I've ever seen. Lots easier to follow that the TESU one in certain ways, but not in others.

For instance, TESU lists all the courses they evaluated but couldn't apply, and they list all sources of credit. I didn't see that in there, so it makes me wonder (as others have said) if they've used your DLI stuff and can't do it, or if they didn't apply it, or they didn't get it at the time of the review.

I also wonder about your science credit. It LOOKS like it fits, yet there's a big, honking X there. What does that mean?

Did you submit all your .mil tng at one time on one form, or is it dribbling in from the various commands?
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Is there a separate transcript you can access? That might shed some light on the missing credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-20-2018, 01:19 PM)High_Order1 Wrote: Hi!

I don't know what I'm talking about.

That is the first COSC review I've ever seen. Lots easier to follow that the TESU one in certain ways, but not in others.

For instance, TESU lists all the courses they evaluated but couldn't apply, and they list all sources of credit. I didn't see that in there, so it makes me wonder (as others have said) if they've used your DLI stuff and can't do it, or if they didn't apply it, or they didn't get it at the time of the review.

I also wonder about your science credit. It LOOKS like it fits, yet there's a big, honking X there. What does that mean?

Did you submit all your .mil tng at one time on one form, or is it dribbling in from the various commands?

They are still waiting for the Defense Language Institute credits. Even if it's a military program they show under a different transcript because it's a separate school. I will have to ask them about the science because I also noticed that.

(01-20-2018, 01:39 PM)davewill Wrote: Is there a separate transcript you can access? That might shed some light on the missing credits.

This is all I have at the moment. Pretty sure it will update as other credits start rolling in.
The reason your science requirement is not met is because they do not have record of a laboratory science credt for you. You need at least 1 unit of lab. Was there a lab for Intro to Environmental Science or Intro to Oceanography?

SL has a pretty simple, but tedious BIO lab (at least it was 2 years ago).
(01-21-2018, 08:09 PM)triforce828 Wrote: The reason your science requirement is not met is because they do not have record of a laboratory science credt for you.  You need at least 1 unit of lab.  Was there a lab for Intro to Environmental Science or Intro to Oceanography?

SL has a pretty simple, but tedious BIO lab (at least it was 2 years ago).

Ed4Credit has a Bio Lab or Chem Lab course that's $163 ($65 plus $98 for the at-home lab).  Not sure if that's more or less than SL.

Study.com has Bio I w/Lab for the regular price ($199/mo for 2 courses, so the other course is whatever you want), and the virtual lab is an additional $40.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,224 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,356 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,110 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,681 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,888 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,784 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,024 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,336 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627