Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Capstone BUS-421
Question 
My plan is to finish my BSBA in time to graduate and attend the (anticipated) commencement  in Sept 2018. I will need to start the capstone  during either March, April or May (Feb is not an option for me) - my problem is that I was planning on doing the online course vs the guided study but I know that I will be out of the country for one week in early May and may not be able to be online during the trip.  For those who have completed the business capstone through the course do you think this one week offline will be a deal breaker? I am just not sure which option to take, or which term to begin knowing I will have one week away in the mix.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I did not do online, but I did communicate with my mentor, and he was fine with things as long as they were communicated to him ahead of time. I'm thinking most of them are like that (they know life happens). I would contact the instructor ahead of time and just ask.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You know what the assignments are and when they are due as soon as you have access to the course, so you can (and we were encouraged to) submit work early if you were going to be unavailable.  Realistically, the only parts of the course that you can't do as far in advance as you please are the midterm exam (you get a one week window to take the exam) and the responses to the forum posts (have to have something to respond to, obviously).  As dfrecore mentioned, contact your mentor if it looks like your trip may interfere with your ability to do one of these assignments.

Honestly, the one I would be most concerned with would be the midterm; I wouldn't want to be unavailable that week or be rushed into taking it late, even if it was approved.  Mid term-dates are available here:  https://www.tesu.edu/campusuite25/module...archive=no

If it were me, as long as my trip didn't fall on the midterm week I wouldn't worry about it.  I'd submit any work due during my trip early, save for the forum posts, and just let the mentor know in advance that you might be late on your response posts.  Even still, some people may submit their initial posts early enough that you can make your response posts before your trip.
(01-21-2018, 12:01 PM)aviator guy Wrote: You know what the assignments are and when they are due as soon as you have access to the course, so you can (and we were encouraged to) submit work early if you were going to be unavailable.  Realistically, the only parts of the course that you can't do as far in advance as you please are the midterm exam (you get a one week window to take the exam) and the responses to the forum posts (have to have something to respond to, obviously).  As dfrecore mentioned, contact your mentor if it looks like your trip may interfere with your ability to do one of these assignments.

I did not have a window in which to take my midterm.  I wonder if that only applies to the online course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,639 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,301 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,730 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic