Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enroll/Register at TESU: what is cheapest path to get started?
I have been busy with work, and put pursuing my degree on the back burner. However, I need to get back to it. I have searched the site and wikia, and I'm not sure the answer to my question. So, here goes, I want to enroll at TESU. I have my Aleks courses, TEEX, and some insurance courses that should qualify for ACE credit. I want to jump in before things change. What is the cheapest path to enroll/register to get started. I will be pursuing all the avenues to take free/low cost classes, but I need to get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=24842

First read through that.

I don't know if your aleks courses will still work unless they were completed before they ACE approval.

TESU is a pretty quick one. You should be finished in no time.
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

[-] The following 1 user Likes yb1's post:
  • slmartin
I took Aleks courses a couple of years ago. I immediately put them on my ACE. They don’t apply now at TESU?

I guess what I’m really asking is what is the lowest cost to get started at TESU?

I don’t want to pay their full tution. I guess a lot has changed since I last was on this forum.
You should review what's in the Beginners Guide, the Wiki, and create yourself a spreadsheet of what you've completed.
If you want, use the templates available in the Beginners Guide and customize it to your own personalized set of courses.
Cheapest method to get started is to apply to TESU and continue working on your spreadsheet courses.

1) ALEKS is transferable if you already have it on an ACE Transcript
2) CLEP, Davar, Saylor, Shmoop, StraighterLine, Study.com are the cheapest resources
3) You don't want to take anything from TESU but the Capstone
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • slmartin
Thank you. So, do my spreadsheet, pay $75 for TESU, keep taking classes & transfer to TESU. I will review the wiki. I don’t have a deadline to finish, but I need to be able to say I’m working on my degree & there are certain business classes I need to complete. If I take them (like Marketing through Saylor), can I transfer to TESU to show something more official?
(01-21-2018, 04:33 PM)sheagang6 Wrote: Thank you. So, do my spreadsheet, pay $75 for TESU, keep taking classes & transfer to TESU. I will review the wiki. I don’t have a deadline to finish, but I need to be able to say I’m working on my degree & there are certain business classes I need to complete. If I take them (like Marketing through Saylor), can I transfer to TESU to show something more official?

Yes, if you transfer your courses occasionally, TESU will put them on your transcript within about a month, and you can get a copy.  Remember though that this will cost money.  You're going to pay for the ACE transcript to be sent to TESU and then for an official TESU transcript.  Will printouts count?  If so, then that would be preferable.

Also, if you take classes at SL or Study.com, they will send the courses directly to TESU, saving you a step as well as money (they still need to be sent to ACE, but you won't need to send the ACE transcript to TESU).

From what you implied, it looks like you're going to do the BSBA?  If so, here's a spreadsheet for you.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 39.8 KB / Downloads: 42)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • slmartin
Also, you might be able to print an evaluation or the unofficial transcript (available in OSS) after your ACE credits transfer in to prove you are working on your degree.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,335 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,392 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore