Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course approval
So I am looking at straighterline courses as a way to finish up a few courses for my degree. My school (weber state) is on the partnered list of ACE according to their site. But, I didn't see if straightliner is approved, would I have to just check with my school and possibly do an equivalency credit form to get it to transfer over?
(01-23-2018, 05:05 AM)garrettburton Wrote: So I am looking at straighterline courses as a way to finish up a few courses for my degree. My school (weber state) is on the partnered list of ACE according to their site.  But, I didn't see if straightliner is approved, would I have to just check with my school and possibly do an equivalency credit form to get it to transfer over?

Depends, sometimes schools are members with ACE and won't accept ACE credits.  What school are you going to?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Yeah, you would have to ask the school if they don't have the info posted (in their catalog, on their site).

Weber State is on the partner list for ACE as that's the main criteria used for Service People (Army/Navy, etc) for transfer credit. I don't see them on the partnership list of participating schools from StraighterLine's website. My assumption is that they will not accept ACE for non service people. You are best served by contacting Weber directly in regards to his request.

Note: Their link at the bottom of the page doesn't even work for military! https://www.weber.edu/transfer/coursescredits.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks everyone, looks like they don't accept it unfortunately
That's a bummer they won't take ACE. Every college is different. Even when they say they accept SL or ACE they may only take specific courses. They may limit how many they will take. It's always best to check with Academic Advising at your particular school. The only way we know exactly how something comes in at TESU is because enough people on this forum have done it successfully and shared their experience. Even then, there are always changes that pop up as providers get evaluated.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - Fastest ACE Approval Ever rowan555 12 2,671 06-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Last Post: jessikalauren
  Study.com Personal Finance- waiting on proctor approval StoicJ 19 3,982 05-27-2017, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  study.com review/approval for ACE? BingCherry 5 1,089 04-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Last Post: SolarKat