Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One and Done. MBA Complete! WGU
(02-07-2019, 11:08 PM)CuriousCanary Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:41 PM)Kima Wrote: Well, I did it.  I completed the WGU MBA IT Management in one term (with 21 days to spare).  Feels good.  But now I don't know what to do with myself.  I can't remember what I used to do before I started studying all the time.

Congratulations!

If you don't mind, I have two questions about how you accomplished this. 

1. What would your 'typical' week look like? 
             Example: Mon-Fri - study 7-9am, work 10-4, study 6-9pm, Sat study 9-4pm, Sun Rest Day
2. Do you have children or a family/partner competing for your time? If yes, how did you balance them?

Thanks for any reply,
CC

First let me say that I took a different approach than others who have completed the program really quickly.  I was determined to actually learn the material.  So, I read all the course materials or viewed all the videos and took the quizzes before even attempting a practice exam for a course.  Others have done it faster by taking the practice exam first and then focusing on weakness identified in the practice test coaching reports.  

I was working full time so my study hours were limited.  With that said, here's what my study schedule looked like:

Mon - Thurs 6 pm-10 pm
Saturday 8 am -3 pm or sometimes longer
Sunday 12 pm - 4 pm or longer or sometimes longer

I never studied on Fridays.  And I took the entire month of December off.

I do have a husband who was very understanding through this process.  He got 100% of my attention on Friday evenings and many Saturday and Sunday evenings.  My kids are grown, so that wasn't a problem.  But I do have grand kids who I Facetime with every weekend, but it wasn't hard to make time for that.  

I didn't spend time on anything else that wasn't absolutely necessary.  There were some weeks when I didn't even clean my house.  I kept meals simple.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit burnt out and I need a break from that pace.  But I learned A LOT and I already got the promotion I was hoping.  So for me it was well worth it.

Good Luck on your journey!
WGU MBA IT Management Feb. 2019
Excelsior BSLA April 2018
University of Indianapolis - 61 credits
Davar - Computer Lit, Org Behavior 
DSST - Principles Of Statistics, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision,Substance Abuse 
Excelsior - Bioethics, Assoc Capstone, Bachelors Capstone 
Straighterline - Personal Fitness & Wellness, Cultural Anthropology, Student Success, Criminal Justice, Env Science, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology 1, Bus Ethics
Sophia.org - Effective Teams, Project Management, Intro to Info Tech

[-] The following 3 users Like Kima's post:
  • allvia, GoodYellowDogs, SDO

Messages In This Thread
One and Done. MBA Complete! WGU - by Kima - 02-07-2019, 09:41 PM
RE: One and Done. MBA Complete! WGU - by Ideas - 02-07-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: One and Done. MBA Complete! WGU - by Kima - 02-08-2019, 07:42 AM
RE: One and Done. MBA Complete! WGU - by Merlin - 02-07-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: One and Done. MBA Complete! WGU - by Kima - 02-09-2019, 09:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest MBA to Complete klone 13 2,224 07-22-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  15 Credits towards MSOL - where to complete quickest? Alexrgr 7 1,440 01-20-2021, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Goal Achieved: 20 Grad. English Credits/Harvard Poetry Series Complete eriehiker 8 2,112 05-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg