Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Capstone
Hi everyone,

I'm getting close to taking the BSBA capstone and I was wondering what should I expect. I'm a little nervous about it. How long should I plan to dedicate towards it? I have a full time job and a long commute to work so I don't have much time during the week. All the study.com and excelsior classes that I have taken have been during the weekend. Does anyone have any advice on completing the capstone?
Interested in this as well.

I'm going to be applying to an MBA program afterwards, and I feel the Capstone course will be the best preparation I can get for it.
Are you asking about the BSBA at Excelsior? I'm guessing so based on the rest of your post, but wanted to clarify for others who might have the info you need (which I don't) but not be clear on which school you're referencing
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-12-2019, 03:06 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Are you asking about the BSBA at Excelsior? I'm guessing so based on the rest of your post, but wanted to clarify for others who might have the info you need (which I don't) but not be clear on which school you're referencing

Just noticed this, lol, one track mind... I'm interested in TESU, not sure where the OP is going.
(06-12-2019, 11:42 AM)tpell1219 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm getting close to taking the BSBA capstone and I was wondering what should I expect. I'm a little nervous about it. How long should I plan to dedicate towards it? I have a full time job and a long commute to work so I don't have much time during the week. All the study.com and straighterline classes that I have taken have been during the weekend. Does anyone have any advice on completing the capstone?
I meant straighterline not Excelsior sorry
If you guys have taken StraighterLine and Study.com courses to complete the requirements of your degree, you just need to know one thing. The capstone is a cumulative of all the courses combined, it'll be doable as long as you put the time and effort into it. Further to that, the course is "geared" towards adults who are working. The main thing is, do the discussions, assignments ahead of time and research/work on the project you are assigned. Don't sweat it! You got this...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The BSBA Capstone was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I would say that you need to do a few things.
1) Pay attention to deadlines! I put deadlines on my calendar, and paid close attention.

2) Set aside time to do your work. I spent every Monday from 9am-11am to read the chapter and take notes. I took my time and was very thorough. Then, I would do the discussion assignments (or posts for online) on Wednesday nights, and the Case Studies on Thursday mornings. That left me with plenty of time to finish anything I needed to by the due date (may have been Saturday nights, maybe Sunday).

3) Make a plan and stick to it. If weekends are when you have time to do your work, make sure you do everything on the weekend. Don't get distracted. Don't fall behind.

4) Schedule your midterm sooner rather than later. Give yourself time in case there's a problem with ProctorU. I think I did mine a week and a half earlier than the due date because it was Thanksgiving and we were going out of town.

5) Communicate with the mentor. If there's a problem, tell him/her ahead of time. Ask questions ahead of time. I started the final project and realized I didn't know if I needed to do MLA or APA, the guidelines referenced both!

6) Start your final project early. At least the research on your topic can begin very early. Do not dither over which one to choose. Pick one and run with it. It doens't matter which one, you will have very little info to begin with, and so much by the end that you will hate whichever subject you choose! If I would have known this, I would have been much better off. Just choose and go.

I cannot stress enough that if you get into a good routine and stay ahead of assignments, you'll be fine. If you get behind, it's hard to catch up.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • degreeguy, Muldoon, TwinMom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,038 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 771 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,362 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 500 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az