Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA CIS (CS) @ TESU
Exclamation 
Thinking of doing BSBS CIS, instead of BA in CS, to bypass 18cr UL requirement.
Pretty much the business core, plus CS Core (including Calc 1 and Discrete 1) w/ CS electives.
Do you guys think this is a good idea? Want to transfer in 114cr, will most likely use everything I can of SDC, and the rest from probably SL.

Any thoughts? I have no degree or prior CS experience.
The BSBA/CIS has a 15cr UL requirement, the BACS has an 18cr UL requirement - so only 1 UL course difference. If I were you, I would stick to the original plan, as this is not enough to derail you, and you can get either degree completely through alternative credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-24-2020, 02:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The BSBA/CIS has a 15cr UL requirement, the BACS has an 18cr UL requirement - so only 1 UL course difference.  If I were you, I would stick to the original plan, as this is not enough to derail you, and you can get either degree completely through alternative credit.

Where do you see the UL req for CIS? Can't seem to find it.
Side note: You don't want to take everything from Study.com or StraighterLine, so you might want to decide which courses you need. In the AOS for CIS, everything can be done with Study.com, I highly recommend them for all courses that can't be done with Sophia.org - how far are you with the degree? One thing to note, you can't take more than 90 credits from one ACE provider, so do the SL/Sophia/Study.com combo for the win.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-25-2020, 11:43 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Side note: You don't want to take everything from Study.com or StraighterLine, so you might want to decide which courses you need.  In the AOS for CIS, everything can be done with Study.com, I highly recommend them for all courses that can't be done with Sophia.org - how far are you with the degree?  One thing to note, you can't take more than 90 credits from one ACE provider, so do the SL/Sophia/Study.com combo for the win.

Planning on not going over 90cr for one source. GenEds done.
I think I'm planning to do BSBA CIS & Accounting, as I want to get into Computers (whether IT or programming) but interested in business as well.
(03-24-2020, 02:29 PM)nursn Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 02:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The BSBA/CIS has a 15cr UL requirement, the BACS has an 18cr UL requirement - so only 1 UL course difference.  If I were you, I would stick to the original plan, as this is not enough to derail you, and you can get either degree completely through alternative credit.

Where do you see the UL req for CIS? Can't seem to find it.

Not sure where it's listed right now, but ask anyone on here and they'll agree - TESU's BSBA has a 12cr UL requirement in the AOS.  Every concentration.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch