Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another COSC journey
So I'm taking Intro to Astronomy by ASU. It comes with LAB, so it'll likely satisfy COSC requirement.
Just read the syllabus and it sounds like fun - there will be 3 outdoor activities Smile
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
Long time, no see. I've been very busy studying, and here is an update for Sophia classes I've taken so far.

I took these classes before the Covid-19 offer:
The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
Developing Effective Teams (1cr)

Once that generous free classes offer has arrived, I've signed-up for every credit-eligible class they have. Important note: I started with Sophia BEFORE my first post on this forum, so please don't think that I've knocked all classes over a weekend.

I skipped studying for some classes because I have taken these classes at B&M university in my home country (except College Algebra which was a part of high school curriculum). I downloaded all the pdf files and skimmed through them to refresh my memory:
College Algebra (3cr)
Foundations of Statistics (2cr)
Introduction to Statistics (3cr)
Environmental Science (3cr)
Introduction to Sociology (3cr)
Introduction to Psychology (3cr)
Macroeconomics (3cr)
Introduction to Information Technology (3cr)

The content of these classes was quite similar to what I've learned at B&M school and high school. The only exception was Intro to Information Technology, but I just know that stuff, so no specific learning was required. Somehow I had no problem passing Introduction to Statistics, but failed Foundation of Statistics. The latter one is much easier, so... weird. I retook one of milestones and passed. Macroeconomics was hard and I barely passed it. Thank God that transfer won't show my grades!

I also have taken the following classes in my home country, but didn't remember anything, so skimming through the content was not an option:
Introduction to Ethics (3cr)
Accounting (3cr)

I absolutely hated Intro to Ethics. Don't get me wrong, I love Sophia's LMS and just hate philosophical stuff. Accounting was OK.

Finally, I learned from scratch:
US History I (3cr)
Art History I (3cr)
Art History II (3cr)
Ancient Greek Philosophers (3cr)
Visual Communications (3cr)
Project Management (3cr)
Microeconomics (3cr)
Conflict Resolution (3cr)
Approaches to Studying Religions (3cr)
Introduction to Business (3cr)
Human Biology (3cr)

The hardest (for me) were US History (obviously), Greek Philosophers, and Religions. Especially the Philosophers (it makes no sense! Why?! Just why?!).
Art History I-II were challenging courses because I am not really into arts, but I really-really enjoyed these courses: quality content, a lot of pictures. Human biology covered what I've learned in high school (but I did not remember a lot of stuff). 

That's what left:
US History II (3cr) - studying, unit 1 is completed
College Readiness (3cr) - done, grade for touchstone is pending (I hope it'll be fine)
Public Speaking (3cr) - unit 1 is completed, other units are half-done
Foundations of English Composition (2cr) - almost done, working on 2nd touchstone
English Composition I (3cr) - passed challenges & milestones, have not started writing (I should!)
English Composition II (3cr) - not started yet
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

A quick update since I've commuted to document my journey:
US History II (3cr) - done, it was hard, but I liked it.
College Readiness (3cr) - done. I know it won't transfer to COSC and I am fine with that.
Foundations of English Composition (2cr) - done. It won't transfer to COSC. I took that just because.

I am working on 9 Sophia credits and taking 15 RA credits (not self-paced) now. I hate myself and will definitely take a break once I'm done with all that stuff.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • rachel83az
Long time no see.
Unfortunately, I dropped all the RA classes I registered for this summer - mostly because of health issues. It sucks, as there were several free classes, like the one Purdue offered. I'm now retaking ASU classes.

Also, I finally paid deposit and enrolled at cornerstone, so I am matriculated student now. My employer will pick up the bill from there.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,683 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,167 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,621 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso