Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG, I need glasses! What would you do?
(09-29-2020, 08:45 PM)Merlin Wrote: I was in the same boat and just bought a replacement pair of glasses for myself today. Now I just need to wait a week for them to show up.

Zenni is good, so is FramesDirect. I used to buy all my glasses from those two online shops. However, I am now trying EyeBuyDirect for my most recent pai of glasses after doing some comparisons. EBD has a ton of low-priced frames in addition to premium frames from Oakley and Ray-Ban. They run regular discounts on their frames plus you can nearly always find 30-50% off lenses via online coupons. I was able to get a pair of Ray-Ban replacement glasses with lenses and all the options for $100 less than I could buy the same glasses using my optical insurance discount via their preferred online merchant.

Aside from price, the main reason I switched to them is that they offer high-quality lenses with a no questions asked 14-day try at home return/replacement policy. So if you don't like how they look or fit, you can return them and try something else. They also have a virtual fitting room on the website of course, but sometimes you don't really know how a pair of glasses looks until you physically see it on your face with lenses. I think they also have a 1-year warranty on the lenses if they fail mechanically.

OoO, I might try them next then. I like the virtual fitting room feature. I like how eyeglasses websites talk about frames and facial feature matches too.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG, I need glasses! What would you do? - by MrBossmanJr - 09-29-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: OMG, I need glasses! What would you do? - by studyandpass5 - 09-30-2020, 02:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Pair of Prescription Glasses! Add-ons available... bjcheung77 7 1,252 05-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Vle045