Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of RA credits, need more UL credits - need help deciding on which school/degree
(11-10-2021, 12:25 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: COSC/UMPI: Have you applied to them?  You have the RA, so if you want to go the COSC route, it should work out to being the closest one.  You can go for a BSBA or a BSGS with a concentration if you would like.  You just need 6 credits residency, everything remaining can come from ACE (Sophia & Study.com)...  And for UMPI, they may be a very good contender as you would only need to get the remaining credits through them, just one semester or two terms and you're done.  It should be similar, but cheaper, easier, faster than WGU in the long run...  I would think about these two options before you decide on TESU.

If you're wanting to do the Bachelors to Masters, TESU is a great option for that as you'll be paying undergrad tuition for graduate credits.  When TESU had the comprehensive tuition, I've recommended people to get their double associates/double bachelors with those credits as one technically can get up to 36 credits using that payment plan.  However, since the tuition structure has changed, I haven't recommended that option for a while now... getting a Masters from a Competency Based offering would be much cheaper, easier, faster than at any of the Big 3.   I would recommend go for the WGU MBA/MSML combo instead!

Yes, I actually did apply to UMPI, just a little later. They have everything on hand in terms of transcripts, but when I talked to them yesterday morning, the application part still wasn't showing up in their system. I'll be interested to see how things shake out there.

And since I have time, I went ahead and got the process started at COSC as well just to have that last comparison.

Thanks for the tips! And for the notes on the MBA options. Definitely very handy and helpful to have it all figured out and ready to just put into action when the time comes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of RA credits, need more UL credits - need help deciding on which school/degree - by newlion - 11-10-2021, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 87 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,199 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 210 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,170 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,306 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 648 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM