Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of RA credits, need more UL credits - need help deciding on which school/degree
(11-09-2021, 08:12 PM)newlion Wrote: Since I'm sure you all don't get updates too often on your guesses while helping us figure out our degrees, so I wanted to loop back around to give the latest info (and probably ask another question or three).

You all were spot on in wondering about the UL transfer requirements. I had some health stuff come up that I've been dealing with, so I didn't apply to COSC at the time as it seemed like the least feasible. I wish I had so I could compare now, but ordering all the transcripts to all of the schools was a pain lol.

I've updated my spreadsheet with some of the official transcript reviews, plus a couple unofficial ones using TESU's degree planning link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

1. an actual preliminary review from TESU for a BS in Professional Studies (which I did on a whim as it mentioned being set up for those with lots of credit to transfer in). Due to the lack of UL transfer credits, this was the worst option with 45 credits still to go
  2. an unofficial TESU plan for a BSBA in General Management. Not sure how accurate their tool is, but I show 30 credits outstanding. This may be the best option as I could get a few done on Study.com before the year is out, then start actual classes in January to hit their residency requirement since I'll have to use financial aid to get to the class minimum vs paying the extra fee. I am most bummed that out of 3 writing classes, only 1 made it in to their writing requirements. A consideration for this option is that since I have to take some classes anyway, I could start on my MBA with them as well doing the bachelor's to master's program, which would be much more motivating for me.
  3. an unofficial TESU plan for a BALS with a General Management minor. I show 24 credits remaining here, which isn't that far off from option #2 above. It would help save two classes, so if speed were the biggest priority (which it is, but maybe not for just 6 credits), it'd save a little.
  4. an official review from Excelsior for their Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business Management. It's a little confusing to read their review, but I show I believe 30 (ish) credits remaining. I ran into time-based issues with some of my business classes being over 20 years old, which I believe they won't accept for their other business program. But I show 3 Cornerstone, 6 UL Arts & Sciences, 15 Professional Component (9 of which must/will be UL), 5 any collegiate-level study (which I asked about since I have several classes left over, but I believe these have to be UL since it shows I need 6 UL Additional Credit component, which includes the 1 credit Information Literacy requirement as well). So this is an option too, and I'd be able to start on some Study.com courses here as well, but I don't believe they have the bachelor's to master's acceleration option, which may or may not be necessary.
  5. an official review from Purdue Global for their BS in Professional Studies. They're on the quarter system, and it shows 45 credits remaining, which translates to about 30 semester-hour credits. I asked them about putting together a degree plan for their actual Business Administration degree since they have all my transcripts, but they came back with a hypothetical one that had me re-taking Marketing, Management, Org Behavior, Human Resources, Managerial Communications, Accounting I, Business Law, and Managerial Economics, which seems a bit off honestly since I've taken all of those, some of them relatively recently).

My main concern is getting something done pretty much as soon as possible (though other factors always come into play). So I see above that TESU/Excelsior could be the right option in that area. But, for instance, I've read on here that TESU can take a couple months to actually confer the degree. Do you have any opinions or suggestions on how to get something done sooner? Are one school's classes/finals/projects simpler than others? I am pretty good at taking tests, though papers will take me longer (I do well on them still, they just take more time).

I've even looked into some very random things like Framingham State's Interdisciplinary Bachelor's program (which only requires 8 credits to be taken at their school), but it's hard to get an idea of what their deal is. But if there are any other similar programs that just accept a truckload of credit for a generic degree that would get me down from 30 credits to finish to more like 10-15, I'm all ears. If not, I think one of the above will work. Though again, if you happen to know a tip for a specific degree, or one more school to try (COSC), lmk.

I hope this helps some people in the future! For the record, I could only really get info from Excelsior and a couple from TESU on which WGU classes were UL since the others don't break it down, they just show you what you're still missing. Here's the list from my list of classes that were UL:

Excelsior:

- BNC1 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR AND LEADERSHIP
- C721 CHANGE MANAGEMENT

TESU:

- VZT1 Marketing Applications (TESU MAR-479)
- C721 Change Management (TESU MAN-415)

A Framingham “course credit” is a class, not a semester hour. So they want eight classes of residency, not eight hours.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of RA credits, need more UL credits - need help deciding on which school/degree - by Courcelles - 11-10-2021, 01:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 86 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,170 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 210 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,165 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,306 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 648 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM