Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of RA credits, need more UL credits - need help deciding on which school/degree
Latest update:
  • UMPI degree plan attached. Fewer classes fit into their BABA plan than I'd anticipated (even with basics like College Comp II still being listed as required to be taken, as well as their computers class). My guess is the easiest solution here is to try to get some of the Gen Ed requirements filled in with classes I've taken already (like College Comp II), and then switch to a BLS degree to get the # of credits remaining down.
  • Also, an updated TESU BALS-GM degree plan is attached. I got the syllabus in for College Comp I, so that has I and II taken care of. I do have a question on this degree plan. Although it shows just 12.99 credits needed, when you go through the list of classes still required, I see the following in red as still needed:
  1. Oral Communication (3)
  2. Information Literacy (1)
  3. Civic Engagement (3)
  4. Negotiations and Conflict Management (3)
  5. Org Theory (3)
  6. Industrial Psychology (3)
  7. Capstone (3)
Which would put me at 19 credits required, correct?

Still waiting on Charter Oak degree plan to compare, and I hope to be figuring it all out in the next week or two to start after Jan 1st.

Considering my priorities are first, being able to pay for things with Financial Aid (meaning taking at least 16 credits at TESU), and then finishing as fast as possible, my current thought is to see how a switch to BLS at UMPI would do for # of credits and possibly go with that option. Because I'd be having to take actual classes at TESU and I can't have THAT crazy of a schedule, it might take a longer amount of time to get through everything. Am I right in my thinking there?

I do have my fingers crossed for Charter Oak. They didn't have any great concentrations for a General Studies degree, but their requirements on the Business Administration side lined up well with what I've taken already. Plus, I'd be able to bang out a few classes at Study.com or similar in the next month or so to get the #'s down here once I'm actually taking classes at COSC.

Plus, Charter Oak gives up to 18 PLA credits for an HRCI certification. I am planning to take the SHRM-CP certification test in the next month or two, which is the other large HR certification group. Assuming I pass, I am wondering if this is something to inquire about towards and HR-related degree? Excelsior gives just three UL credits for the certification, and I didn't see it mentioned specifically on the other sites.

Thanks again for all the help! And I hope the updated degree plans help someone.

Attached Files
.pdf   UMPI-BABA-NL.pdf (Size: 26.88 KB / Downloads: 11)
.pdf   TESU_BALS-GM-NL.pdf (Size: 877.5 KB / Downloads: 7)
[-] The following 1 user Likes newlion's post:
  • Pikachu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of RA credits, need more UL credits - need help deciding on which school/degree - by newlion - 11-28-2021, 10:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 21 245 47 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 112 3 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 260 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,846 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 558 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 285 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 238 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM