Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with degree planning for son for Bachelor's in Business Admin or Finance
(06-22-2022, 03:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 02:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone that remote proctoring is not much different or "creepy" than in-person proctoring, which we've all been doing since forever.  If you've sat in a class and taken a test, and your teacher is there, that's in-person proctoring.  Yes, they are watching you take a test.

Remote proctoring is VERY different than a professor being in the same room with you. There's more to it as well. I never had to show my driver's license and have it stored on some database God knows where to take an exam in a classroom. I have experience with Examity and never again. I will not take classes with proctoring again. Examity was an absolute nightmare. They wanted me to turn off my ac because of the noise. They wanted me to tell my neighbor to stop mowing his lawn because of the noise. The wanted me turn my clear glass of water upside down so they could see that it was a clear glass. What kind of moron asks that? They interrupt you while you're taking the exam. They are very difficult to understand as English is not their first language. It was a horrible experience.

For me I spent 3 sessions at UMPI for my first degree so it was $4200. I took far more than 30 credits. Most people are done in 2 sessions. A few finish in 1. Some in 3. I only spent 3 sessions because I kept adding minors. If I stuck with 1 minor like the degree required I would have been done in 2 sessions which would have been $2800. I transferred 190 something credits to UMPI. Only 90 are counted towards the 120 required. I have been taking classes on and off for a long time and almost all of my credits were from other colleges. Only a handful came from Sophia which was free at that time.

Ashkir has a thread on the UMPI page about how much it cost him. He started with 0 credits and completed his degree in 6 months. He lists out how much he spent for all of his ACE courses in the thread as well.
@ss20ts

Thanks for the feedback on the cost of UMPI.  Given the standard 2 semesters/sessions, I think a budget of around $2800-3500 is probably a reasonable estimate. I recall seeing Askir's estimate of a Bachelors in Business at UMPI so I will look that up and contact that person if need be on cost. 

@dfrecore

There is no WAY my son would put up with that paranoid stupid garbage from Examity proctoring service, he would just hang up and not do the class. That is insane. His anxiety would kick up. The proctoring service should not be a block to a student performing well on an exam. I am really glad people are offering honest feedback on proctoring services as I have no experience with them.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Messages In This Thread
RE: need help with degree planning for son for Bachelor's in Business Admin or Finance - by EducationSeeker - 06-22-2022, 04:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 2 34 6 minutes ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 587 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,163 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 194 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,122 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 389 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,294 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 930 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM