Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheaper Than Amberton University?
If you don't care about RA you can do an NA (U.S. Department of Education Recognized) MBA degree:

Ashworth College MBA is an est. $233 per credit hour.

New Charter University MBA is an est. $146 per credit hour.*

* Changes based on how many courses you take per term.
Poptech Wrote:Thomas Edison is about $240 per credit hour for 36 credits.
I thought the flat-rate pricing was only applicable to their undergraduate degree programs, not any of their graduate degree programs (although I may be mistaken). TESC's rate for graduate credits is $617 per semester hour.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
TheCommuter Wrote:I thought the flat-rate pricing was only applicable to their undergraduate degree programs, not any of their graduate degree programs (although I may be mistaken). TESC's rate for graduate credits is $617 per semester hour.
Wow, that is crazy - $617 per semester.
Poptech Wrote:If you don't care about RA you can do an NA (U.S. Department of Education Recognized) MBA degree:

Ashworth College MBA is an est. $233 per credit hour.

New Charter University MBA is an est. $146 per credit hour.*

* Changes based on how many courses you take per term.

I can't come up with a scenario for myself where this seems like a good idea. I don't doubt that an education can be had at an NA school, but why spend the time, money , and effort on a degree an employer may deem inferior. There are so many cheap RA (or RA+) options out there at such fantastic prices that an NA just holds no allure.

University of Louisiana Monroe, Chadron, Peru State, Wayne State, ENMU, WNMU, WGU, AMU/APU, there are so many great cost effective RA options, don't limit your future.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I can't come up with a scenario for myself where this seems like a good idea. I don't doubt that an education can be had at an NA school, but why spend the time, money , and effort on a degree an employer may deem inferior. There are so many cheap RA (or RA+) options out there at such fantastic prices that an NA just holds no allure.
I have heard this repeated many times but there is no empirical evidence of job discrimination outside of academia and the government due to degree accreditation differences (NA vs RA). When you search Indeed for job listings that require "Regional Accredited" degrees you only get 3,900 results and almost entirely from academic institutions. Out of 3.2 million job listings that is 0.1% of jobs explicitly requiring a "Regionally Accredited" degree. Most employers have no idea about accreditation and don't care, they just want to make sure it is not from a diploma mill and U.S. Department of Education approval takes care of that.

The main advantage to RA is flexibility with transfer credits and the name recognition of the school (if it has any).
There should be just a whole section on graduate school. There is a section for the Big 3, General education and testing, off topic, military discussion, and the insta-cert one. Wouldn't it be nice to just clump graduate school stuff into one section? I know I have a million questions regarding grad school and would love to simplify the process.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
If you are interested in a NA degree, I think this is as low-cost as it gets in the U.S. An MBA is on offer for $4,500 complete (100 per credit hour) including textbooks at this NA school: William Loveland College. Home The school is DEAC-accredited.

The Executive Director and Provost of WLC is Dr. David Lady (formerly of Aspen University and also AIMS) who has contributed much to the cause of Distance Education. And no - I don't work for the school or know Dr. Lady personally. Smile

If you want to spend about half that amount, I think you have to look for overseas DL. Here is (I'm told) a pretty good Indian distance school, Don Bosco University (DBU Global) properly accredited on its home turf (UGC, AICTE) , run by a Roman Catholic religious order. MBAs in several specializations available around $2200 complete for foreign (non-Indian) nationals. http://www.dbuniversity.ac.in/dbuglobal/

Johann
Johann Wrote:If you are interested in a NA degree, I think this is as low-cost as it gets in the U.S. An MBA is on offer for $4,500 complete (100 per credit hour) including textbooks at this NA school: William Loveland College. Home The school is DEAC-accredited.
Wow, this is ridiculously cheap if you use tuition plan 2:

"Tuition Plan 2 is $1,200 for the first two courses and $120 per course thereafter for a total tuition cost of $3,600."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,712 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 364 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,773 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,849 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 791 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,359 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,836 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 425 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 616 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,697 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff