Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho State University Courses
Lightbulb 
The Albion Center for Professional Development at Idaho State University offers a growing catalog of online self-paced courses for all educators. Please read the following information before registering for any course.

• Our courses are $55/credit. There are no course fees.

• You do not have to be admitted to the university to take PD courses.

• Our courses are transcribed as graduate level, non-degree, semester credits.

• There is a limit of 30 credits per semester, and we do require you to be enrolled in the course for two weeks before the course is completed. We will not grade a course before this two-week period has passed. Upon completion of the course, please give us 2 weeks to submit your grades. You can then Request a Transcript at no cost.

• Important! It is your responsibility to ensure that our courses will be accepted by your state and/or district for certification renewal and salary advancement. We do not offer refunds and this policy must be acknowledged when you register

https://www.isu.edu/onlinepd/

Courses mostly center around education and teaching but seems like a good deal so I posted it here. Hope someone can use this!
@Learningnow, Thanks for sharing this... Wow, seems like a good deal if they can be 'graduate credit'. I wonder how Amberton will take these if they do, I'd like to compare these to VESI... $55/credit graduate is an amazing deal, too bad it doesn't lead to a certificate or diploma at the graduate level entirely through ISU, they could have made something out of it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-20-2023, 07:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Learningnow, Thanks for sharing this... Wow, seems like a good deal if they can be 'graduate credit'.  I wonder how Amberton will take these if they do, I'd like to compare these to VESI... $55/credit graduate is an amazing deal, too bad it doesn't lead to a certificate or diploma at the graduate level entirely through ISU, they could have made something out of it...

I feel like so many universities don't see the value in expanding their online programs for whatever reason. I assume they might have some degree these applied to, but I didn't look further into it since It's not something I can personally use right now. This definitely seems like a good deal so hopefully someone can use it.
Hmm, I wonder if COSC would take their DEI course as being valid toward a Bachelor's degree's DEI slot.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Kab
(08-21-2023, 04:14 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hmm, I wonder if COSC would take their DEI course as being valid toward a Bachelor's degree's DEI slot.

I think you have to have a bachelor's degree to take these courses (they're for certified teachers normally).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
These courses do not seem to come on a standard Idaho State transcript. Which might make them useless for transfer.
I am guessing they're like VESI courses, but an internal option vs an external company working in partnership with a college. VESI courses are transcribed on multiple college/universities as graduate credit once they complete the course and other institutions can use it towards their Masters, an example is Amberton.

Amberton isn't a partner institution of of VESI, but students take the VESI courses, get it transcribed from Augustana (or another university) and then transfer it into Amberton's program. As per original post and the link... "Our courses are transcribed as graduate level, non-degree, semester credits."

Thanks for sharing.

They are giving 200 credit for signing up.
https://www.isu.edu/onlinepd/200-credit/

I have enrolled.  The first course is actually free!!!
Great stuffs.
Thanks for letting us know they're giving the first course for free... Just wondering how strict they are with individuals who are not 'educators'... I might have to sign up and see how that goes or what is required...

https://www.isu.edu/media/libraries/coll...21-(7).pdf

But it’s very strange they admit on the transcript it isn’t a “full” semester credit they’re using. That statement really could make using these outside of Idaho’s department of education difficult.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,948 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 350 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 781 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,081 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,285 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 539 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,496 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 407 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,808 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 714 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger