Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a scholarship that would cover for distance learning expenses
Hello everyone,

was a while since I registered in a forum like this one, I mostly use reddit.

Anyway, I have a request, if that's possible.

I'm a non us citizen  from a north african country, I'm currently enrolled in the online master degree at uopeople (University of the people), the MSIT degree, and I've been looking for scholarships that would help me cover for the expenses of the master for a few months now but no luck.

I've found litteraly every kind of scholarship out there, scholarship for women, for black women, for black people, for people who are returning college, for single mothers, for lgbt+, for south africans, for kids, for adults that are us residents, for specific states, specific universities... everything. But I can't find something for distance learning that I would apply for to get my MSIT degree, most if not all the scholarship are for on campus degrees.

I tried applying for the uopeople scholarship, but got rejected multiple times, the reason they give me is that priority is given to associate degrees and bachelor degrees, or that they don't deliver scholarships with people who already have an undergraduate degree (but I've seen people in their MBA get a scholarship, so I'm confused to be honest).

So here I am , looking for someone who could help me in this task, does anyone knows a scholarship, fellowship, grant, financial aid or anything that would help me finance my studies? or at least reduce the expenses? 

Thank you very much for your help.
(10-29-2022, 06:44 AM)blablablox Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm a non us citizen  from a north african country, I'm currently enrolled in the online master degree at uopeople (University of the people), the MSIT degree, and I've been looking for scholarships that would help me cover for the expenses of the master for a few months now but no luck.

I've found litteraly every kind of scholarship out there, scholarship for women, for black women, for black people, for people who are returning college, for single mothers, for lgbt+, for south africans, for kids, for adults that are us residents, for specific states, specific universities... everything. But I can't find something for distance learning that I would apply for to get my MSIT degree, most if not all the scholarship are for on campus degrees.

I tried applying for the uopeople scholarship, but got rejected multiple times, the reason they give me is that priority is given to associate degrees and bachelor degrees, or that they don't deliver scholarships with people who already have an undergraduate degree (but I've seen people in their MBA get a scholarship, so I'm confused to be honest).

So here I am , looking for someone who could help me in this task, does anyone knows a scholarship, fellowship, grant, financial aid or anything that would help me finance my studies? or at least reduce the expenses? 

If you can write an essay on Atlas Shrugged in the next week, you could apply for the Rand graduate scholarship for $10k

You should be able to read previous winners' essays to get an idea of what is needed. The book itself is quite long, but not terribly difficult and I think they will send you it free as an ebook if you need it.

https://aynrand.org/students/essay-contests/
(10-29-2022, 07:05 AM)Sparklette Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 06:44 AM)blablablox Wrote: Hello everyone,

If you can write an essay on Atlas Shrugged in the next week, you could apply for the Rand graduate scholarship for $10k

You should be able to read previous winners' essays to get an idea of what is needed. The book itself is quite long, but not terribly difficult and I think they will send you it free as an ebook if you need it.

https://aynrand.org/students/essay-contests/

thank you very much for your help, I apreciate it greatly.

This is going to be though to read the whole book in 7 days, but I'm going to try that. thank you for the lead!

if you have any other opportunity like that, let me know. I didn't know those kind of essay scholarship existed, this is really wonderful.
There are a ton of scholarships for University of the People students:

https://www.uopeople.edu/tuition-free/scholarships/
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(10-31-2022, 08:36 PM)davewill Wrote: There are a ton of scholarships for University of the People students:

https://www.uopeople.edu/tuition-free/scholarships/

Most of them are for bachelor level, not the graduate level.
You may take a look at this opportunity from The Western Union Foundation

Quote:Project Finish Line Scholarship
  • Must be a student that identifies as black, indigenous, or a person of color currently enrolled in their final (senior) or penultimate (junior) year of their undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the United States.
  • Must be able to demonstrate financial need.
  • Must be in good academic standing, have high ambitions, and a demonstrated commitment to a STEM or business field of study.

https://www.westernunion.com/blog/en/the...2023-year/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAU Personalized Learning Master of Organizational Leadership Jonathan Whatley 11 1,649 12-14-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  NAU MOL degree personalized learning Ebroady23 8 839 11-07-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,531 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden Tempo Learning - CBE Price Increase March 2022 bjcheung77 1 1,166 12-26-2021, 11:11 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  NYU MS Cybersecurity - 75% scholarship discount newdegree 17 2,328 12-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  MIT's Masters in System Design & Management via... distance learning (YEAH THAT MIT) nyvrem 4 1,205 09-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Walden Tempo Learning - June 7, 2021 Start - MBA FREE Term bjcheung77 17 2,837 07-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: jsd
Tongue Walden Tempo Learning - MS Human Resource Management bjcheung77 4 1,249 05-24-2021, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Health Infrastructures & Learning Systems Alpha 0 674 04-23-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Gies iMBA Scholarship bigrivergroup 5 1,974 04-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac