Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Degree Plan - BA English
-I'm still waiting for 7 foreign university courses to be evaluated

-Of those, I included Physics 1 in the Science GE section because it's the most predictable of the lot
-The rest are temporarily in electives- still waiting on eval service + TESU eval, so it could take a week or three to know what's what

------------

POSSIBLE DEGREE PLAN: TESU BA English

General Education (24/45 Credits):

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills (12/15 credits)

1) Written Communication  (6/6)
*Writing for Success (TECEP) - ***Next term***
*English Composition II (TECEP) - ***Next term***
2) Oral Communication (3/3)
*Presentation Skills in the Workplace (Study.com)
3) Quantitative Literacy and Mathematical Skills (0/3) 
College Algebra (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
4) Information Literacy (3/3)
*SOS-1100: Critical Information Literacy (TESU) [Cornerstone]

B. Civic and Global Learning (6/9 credits)

1) Diversity (3/3)
*Introduction to Sociology (TECEP) - ***Next term***
2) Ethical Leadership (0/3) 
_Introduction to Ethics (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
3) Civic Engagement (3/3) 
*US Government (Sophia) - ***IN PROGRESS***
---
C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (6/15 credits)

1) Social Sciences (0/3) 
_Microeconomics (Sophia) - ***FINISHED*** 
2) History (0/3) 
_US History 1 (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
3) Humanities (0/3) 
_Visual Communications (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
4) Social Sciences, History, and/or Humanities (6/6)
*Marriage and the Family (TECEP) - ***Next term***
*[To be determined] (maybe something from University transcripts, otherwise Sophia)

D. Scientific Knowledge (0/6 credits)

1) Natural Sciences and Computer Science (0/6)
_Introduction to IT (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
_Physics 1 (University transcripts) - ***FINISHED***

---

Area of Study (42/42 credits: 15/15 UL + 27/27 LL)

English AOS (30/30 credits):

Part A. Survey of Literature (6/6 credits)
*English 102: American Literature (Study.com) 
*ENG-202: American Literature Survey: 1900 to Present (Coopersmith)

Part B. Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (3/3 credits)
*English 103: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (Study.com)

Part C. Non-Western Literature (3/3 credits)
*[UL1] English 301: Non-Western Literature (Study.com)

Part D. English Electives (18/18 credits)
*Technical Writing (TECEP) ***Next term***
*[UL2] English 305: Advanced Technical Writing (Study.com) 
*[UL3] LIT-401: Medieval Hispano-Jewish Poetry (Coopersmith)
*English 101: English Literature (Study.com)
*English 310: Short Stories (Study.com)
*ENG-211: Constructing and Writing Logical Arguments (Coopersmith)

Part E. Humanities Electives (12/12 credits)
*[UL4] Managerial Communications (TECEP) - ***IN PROGRESS***
*Intro to Critical Reasoning (TECEP) - ***IN PROGRESS***
+
*[UL5?] History 301: Historiography & Historical Methods (Study.com)
*[UL5?] History 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War (Study.com)
*[UL5?] History 311: The Holocaust & World War II (UL) (Study.com)
*[UL5?] History 306: The American Civil War Era (UL) (Study.com)
*[UL5?] Business 305: Leadership Communication (UL) (Study.com)
*[UL5?] Business 324: Managerial Communication (UL) (Study.com)
*[UL5?] Coopersmith - HIS-304: History of Food Trucks (Coopersmith)
-(Haven't decided which UL course(s) to do fifth/fourth and fifth, if Managerial Communications goes South)

---

Liberal Arts Capstone (3/3 credits)
*LA Capstone (TESU)

---

Electives (24*/30 credits)
_Project Management (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
_Intro to Business (Sophia) - ***FINISHED***
_Anywhere between 0-18* RA credits (University transcripts, assuming they all go through and don't land elsewhere)

PLUS/OR:
*Sophia.org - Accounting [0ts] 
*Sophia.org - Principles of Finance [0ts] 
*Sophia.org - Business Law [1ts] 
*Sophia.org - Communication at Work [1ts]
-Etc-

-------------

I used the wikis and tried to jot everything down.

-------------

Credits:

Foreign University (0-21* credits or thereabouts)
_7 classes; not yet evaluated

Sophia (24 credits)
_Project Management (3)
_College Algebra (3)
_Intro to Business (3)
_Visual Communications (3)
_Intro to IT (3)
_History 1 (3)
_Microeconomy (3)
_Introduction to Ethics (3)
_*US Government (in progress)

TECEPS (anywhere from 0-21* credits)
_Plan to take 7 TECEPS

I would like to do the Cornerstone and the Capstone in one final term and probably just pay the residency waiver.

I would appreciate any corrections, advice, etc.
Good stuff, yes, get all the Sophia.org credits while you're studying up for the TECEPs. I would finish the TECEPs before starting your Study.com so you don't have too many things on your plate. Seems like a good plan, instead of creating the spreadsheet you copy/pasted the requirements and what you're taking... I just reviewed your first initial thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ed-degrees
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If it helps, I think that History 306 and History 308 are (relatively) easy courses. I would suggest taking those if you still need UL credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-14-2023, 07:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Good stuff, yes, get all the Sophia.org credits while you're studying up for the TECEPs.  I would finish the TECEPs before starting your Study.com so you don't have too many things on your plate.  Seems like a good plan, instead of creating the spreadsheet you copy/pasted the requirements and what you're taking... I just reviewed your first initial thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ed-degrees

That makes sense. Finishing the TECEPS before doing SDC sounds like a good idea.

I have no idea how much study each one requires so I haven't set up any dates with the online proctor yet.

On the other hand, I want to be enrolled ASAP so I can send my Sophia transcript in once my uni courses get evaluated. 

I was told by TESU that my status will change from Applicant to Enrolled on the tenth day of the coming term. I will start studying for Writing for Success (English Composition I) today. If I take it around the time the term starts, will I become enrolled before ten days pass?

After that, I plan on spending up to a week preparing for the easier ones,  maybe two for the harder ones; or something like that.

(09-15-2023, 03:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If it helps, I think that History 306 and History 308 are (relatively) easy courses. I would suggest taking those if you still need UL credit.

That does help, thanks! 

---

For the TECEPS, should I study only the topics and chapters they mention in the study guide? Or is it prudent to read the rest of (one or some of) the books as well?
For the English Comp ones, I think you don't really need to study at all. You just need to have a handbook to reference. If you're not currently in the US and don't already have one, good luck. They're kind of expensive and/or take a long time to arrive. Supposedly, you can use the Purdue OWL site, but I'm not trusting ProctorU about this.

Similar for Technical Writing: This is supposed to be very easy to pass with little/no study. Someone reported that they only studied for, like, 4 hours before the exam and they passed. No handbook allowed, but you can have a dictionary.

Intro to Sociology: I think you can probably prepare by doing the ModernStates course. It should be a pretty standard/easy exam.

Marriage and the Family: You probably do need to at least skim the rest of the textbook. I wouldn't bother spending money on the newest edition. Get a secondhand copy of the previous edition or buy the eTextbook on Amazon.

Managerial Communications: No idea. This one hasn't really been talked about. A few threads over the years, with this one being the most "helpful" one I can find: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ation-Help I would probably study the book as thoroughly as possible because it's supposedly "not an easy test".

Intro to Critical Reasoning: This is a 100(0)-level course that has, historically, been reported to be extremely easy to pass. You probably don't need a textbook at all for this one. There is a free Critical Reasoning course listed in the test description; it should be sufficient. https://sites.google.com/courses.tesu.ed...00-te/home 5 modules; you can probably study everything in a day or two.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-15-2023, 06:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For the English Comp ones, I think you don't really need to study at all. You just need to have a handbook to reference. If you're not currently in the US and don't already have one, good luck. They're kind of expensive and/or take a long time to arrive. Supposedly, you can use the Purdue OWL site, but I'm not trusting ProctorU about this.

Similar for Technical Writing: This is supposed to be very easy to pass with little/no study. Someone reported that they only studied for, like, 4 hours before the exam and they passed. No handbook allowed, but you can have a dictionary.

Intro to Sociology: I think you can probably prepare by doing the ModernStates course. It should be a pretty standard/easy exam.

Marriage and the Family: You probably do need to at least skim the rest of the textbook. I wouldn't bother spending money on the newest edition. Get a secondhand copy of the previous edition or buy the eTextbook on Amazon.

Managerial Communications: No idea. This one hasn't really been talked about. A few threads over the years, with this one being the most "helpful" one I can find: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ation-Help I would probably study the book as thoroughly as possible because it's supposedly "not an easy test".

Intro to Critical Reasoning: This is a 100(0)-level course that has, historically, been reported to be extremely easy to pass. You probably don't need a textbook at all for this one. There is a free Critical Reasoning course listed in the test description; it should be sufficient. https://sites.google.com/courses.tesu.ed...00-te/home 5 modules; you can probably study everything in a day or two.

Very useful, thanks!

I'll see what I can do about the English Comps handbook situation. If it's absolutely necessary to use one, I'll ask ProctorU about the Purdue OWL site and see what other options I have.
You'll be enrolled ten days into the term whether you take the test then or not.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-15-2023, 11:10 AM)davewill Wrote: You'll be enrolled ten days into the term whether you take the test then or not.

Gotcha, thanks.
If you got the September TECEP freebies, you should already be an active and enrolled student... If your TECEPs are for October, you still have a few days wait to become active and enrolled...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-15-2023, 06:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you got the September TECEP freebies, you should already be an active and enrolled student... If your TECEPs are for October, you still have a few days wait to become active and enrolled...

For whatever reason, I got in on the 5 + 2 freebie TECEPS, despite them being in the October term, so yeah I'll have to wait.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 22 1,407 05-12-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 5 375 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,591 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 422 04-25-2024, 10:10 AM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 788 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 751 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 506 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 453 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 406 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 364 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat