Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Intro to Communications
Does anyone know if SL Introduction to Communications fulfills the Oral Communication requirement for TESU.  I know it transfers as Fundamentals of Speech - COM-108.

Thanks!!
Hi! Yes it does. Which degree are you planning to get at TESU? Have you decided on TESU or still deciding between the Big 3 or the Competency Based degree providers?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-25-2020, 03:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi!  Yes it does.  Which degree are you planning to get at TESU?  Have you decided on TESU or still deciding between the Big 3 or the Competency Based degree providers?

Awesome thanks for the reply.  Yeah decided on TESU, BSBU General.  I have been a long time lurker here and took time off from classes in 2018 due to work, but looking to finish it.  Discovered a little change coming back and couldn't find plans that include SL like they used to and now they are all Sophia, figure that's due to cost.  I had a few courses already in SL so was wondering if it was still worth the time to finish and if they still met requirements.

Also been wondering about SL Business Communication, does it still satisfy the Managerial communication and is there anything on SL that would fill in the the Finance requirement.  

Sorry lots of questions there.  Thanks again for the help.
(11-25-2020, 05:13 AM)sheriff2gun Wrote: Awesome thanks for the reply.  Yeah decided on TESU, BSBU General.  I have been a long time lurker here and took time off from classes in 2018 due to work, but looking to finish it.  Discovered a little change coming back and couldn't find plans that include SL like they used to and now they are all Sophia, figure that's due to cost.  I had a few courses already in SL so was wondering if it was still worth the time to finish and if they still met requirements.

Also been wondering about SL Business Communication, does it still satisfy the Managerial communication and is there anything on SL that would fill in the the Finance requirement.  

Sorry lots of questions there.  Thanks again for the help.

(Most) SL courses should still meet whatever requirements they met previously (there has been some shuffling in regards to equivalencies). The switch to Sophia is, indeed, because of the cost. If you're starting from 0, you can get 50-75% of your degree done for just a few hundred dollars now if you use Sophia.

According to https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/ Business Communication comes in as Intro to Business Communication. I don't know if that means managerial communication or not. If you mean Financial Accounting, that's Accounting I at SL. None of their courses come in as FIN-???
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC or Sophia - Managerial Communications Dosada 2 449 11-21-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 640 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace busybee45 26 4,165 01-19-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,279 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,529 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,214 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,346 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  New Sophia Course: Intro to Career Readiness - 1cr LL MNomadic 0 512 09-11-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro to Cybersecurity - Upper level NewatTESU 5 1,151 04-22-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: NewatTESU
  Anyone recently take CS402: Computer Communications and Networks yellow_gambit 7 1,989 04-15-2022, 11:20 PM
Last Post: pajakuta