Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Credit Transfer
Im currently doing Sophia courses to get the Pierpont Board of Governors Associate's degree and am at 30 credits, I would like to apply for a job as NYPD police communications technician which requires me to show the successful completion of 30 college semester credits from an accredited college or university.

The job application process is time sensitive so I wont have the full degree on time and would need to get the credits on a transcript sooner.

My question is could I start the Pierpont new student process early without the full 60 credits and get a transcript from them to show the job the 30 credits?

Or would I have to transfer the credits somewhere else to get a transcript and then later on transfer them to Pierpont when I have the complete 60 credits?
@StudyKing21, Welcome to the board, that's a good intro post with some pieces of info, however, you need to provide more details so we get the entire picture of your scenario, it's missing the more important details on the addendum and template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

For example, each police department will have various requirements for positions they hire, what other requirements have you investigated? That should be one of the few items you need to provide us in addition to a simple addendum/template such as this one here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid410308

Sophia.org is not an accredited college or university, Pierpont is, you can send as many credits as you can immediately to them for the BOG AAS. You mentioned time sensitive but didn't mention a specific date, Pierpont takes a while for them to get everything and evaluate.  

Recommendation: I would apply to Pierpont, send in all Sophia.org credits you have completed, and work on the ones that do not have a touchstone immediately (use a second monitor for multi-tasking, open book resources). https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 198 Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 63,544 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 509 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 947 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 150 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 567 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,496 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 224 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 809 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,027 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az