Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Discrete Math prereqs
The syllabus for Study.com Discrete Mathematics says "There are no prerequisites for this course" but I do not think that can be true. I have taken college algebra but it was a very long time ago. I was thinking of taking Khan Academy to refresh. What else should I know before taking Study.com Math 108? I wanted to know from someone who has already taken it.
What they mean is that study.com doesn’t require any prerequisites. It doesn’t suggest that you shouldn’t have had some math. I would suggest college algebra , data structures , computer architecture.
perfect thank you
I would also study basic stats. You don't need to know a lot, but it'll make your life easier if you already know some before embarking on the course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You don't need to know any math at all.

They give you an online calculator to use on the exam and during the course:
https://www.desmos.com/scientific

You just punch in the simple algebra stuff. So please don't waste time doing Khan Academy. You need all your brain free to absorb all the logic stuff in Discrete Math because it is a lot to remember.

Don't take too long trying to learn one concept. If something doesn't stick in your brain, move on to the next lesson and return to it later.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Unless I’m wrong I’m assuming you’re taking discrete math because it’s part of a degree plan that’s going to require more math. So with that said I don’t think learning some algebra is going to be a waste of time.
For Study.com courses, there aren't any prerequisites, however, there are recommendations to take courses before you begin the course. If you are thinking of taking Discrete Math, I highly recommend taking some other math courses first on Study.com or Sophia.org before you complete the course. You may want to focus on Algebra/Precalculus or Statistics... and then ladder up to Discrete Math...
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CAN I use my own NON-GRAPHOING calculator or ONLY the on screen calculator they give to you
You can use your own non-graphing calculator.

https://study.com/academy/course/math-10...nformation
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
FAILED the exam. Where else to take? I like Sofia or Straighter line. I want to know from someone already taken it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com subscription plans? jobojoe285 6 210 05-30-2024, 12:20 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 380 475,785 05-29-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Study.com strategy? Mab81 10 2,295 05-10-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 8 549 04-26-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: louise
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 41,664 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,927 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 919 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 11,330 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 452 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,199 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat