Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU-----Transcripts???
HI<

If I  enroll at TESU as a degree seeking student, then send  all my RA and Sophia credits to them,
will that create a transcript just for the cost of applying to TESU?

I read this in another post.

Can you tell me how this might work?

THANK YOU!!!
Yes, it would. It's not useful for other universities, they would want the originals, but for employers or various licensing uses, it can work fine. However, for any specific use you would want to check to be sure..
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • midnite123
Yes, that works, applying to TESU, enrolling in the 1 credit TECEP and forgetting about that, will give you unlimited evaluations for the year. Applying is just $50, the TECEP is $52, and if you need a transcript for anything else for $18 (after you have transferred in your ACE such as Sophia.org or anything else from the community colleges). You still need to pay for transcripts from the community college to TESU.

Here are TESU's fees: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123
Just make sure you send them transcripts that have courses that are equivalent to their courses. I took a course at a community college for a private pilot license and they had no equivalent to the course so they left it off my transcript. Additionally, the transcript will not show the grade attained from the previous college, or ACE credits. \

This transcript is perfect for those who are looking for a promotion from a government entity or for licensing purposes like a CPA board. Using ACE credits on a TESU transcript is a great way to get around the 150 credit requirement to sit for the CPA Exam but it only works in certain states.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bcdaron's post:
  • midnite123
(12-20-2023, 10:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, that works, applying to TESU, enrolling in the 1 credit TECEP and forgetting about that, will give you unlimited evaluations for the year.  Applying is just $50, the TECEP is $52, and if you need a transcript for anything else for $18 (after you have transferred in your ACE such as Sophia.org or anything else from the community colleges).  You still need to pay for transcripts from the community college to TESU.

Thank you!

So If I bank all my credits at TESU, and take a 1 credit TECEP,
can I then just send that TESU transcript,
 to UMPI or any other college?

This way all credits will be on 1 transcript?

That would be kind of neat!
(12-21-2023, 01:23 AM)midnite123 Wrote:
(12-20-2023, 10:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, that works, applying to TESU, enrolling in the 1 credit TECEP and forgetting about that, will give you unlimited evaluations for the year.  Applying is just $50, the TECEP is $52, and if you need a transcript for anything else for $18 (after you have transferred in your ACE such as Sophia.org or anything else from the community colleges).  You still need to pay for transcripts from the community college to TESU.

Thank you!

Generally speaking, any accredited college or university is going to want transcripts from every school you have attended. They won't take second-hand reporting of your attendance from TESU.

For example, when I applied to graduate school, since my TESU degree relied on credits from about 5 other schools I'd attended over the years, plus ACE and other credits, I had to send them the TESU transcript that showed the credits from all the other schools they applied to the degree, along with transcripts from the other schools to prove that the credits had actually been earned (and to show the grades for those credits, which the TESU transcript does  not.

Not all graduate programs are going to require that to validate an undergraduate degree, but any school that is relying on credits to count toward your degree will want a transcript from the original school where the credits were earned, regardless of whether the credits are listed on the TESU transcript.

I have heard that at one time "credit washing" was possible via this sort of thing, but that hasn't been the case for years, perhaps decades.

As Davewill said, some employers will accept the TESU transcript, but for any academic use, it generally won't fly.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • davewill, midnite123
(12-21-2023, 04:12 AM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 01:23 AM)midnite123 Wrote:

Thank you!

Generally speaking, any accredited college or university is going to want transcripts from every school you have attended. They won't take second-hand reporting of your attendance from TESU.

For example, when I applied to graduate school, since my TESU degree relied on credits from about 5 other schools I'd attended over the years, plus ACE and other credits, I had to send them the TESU transcript that showed the credits from all the other schools they applied to the degree, along with transcripts from the other schools to prove that the credits had actually been earned (and to show the grades for those credits, which the TESU transcript does  not.

Not all graduate programs are going to require that to validate an undergraduate degree, but any school that is relying on credits to count toward your degree will want a transcript from the original school where the credits were earned, regardless of whether the credits are listed on the TESU transcript.

I have heard that at one time "credit washing" was possible via this sort of thing, but that hasn't been the case for years, perhaps decades.

As Davewill said, some employers will accept the TESU transcript, but for any academic use, it generally won't fly.

Ok
Now I get it!
Thank you very much!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 599 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,102 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Most expensive transcripts? clep3705 8 703 09-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,109 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,988 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,331 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,395 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,808 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 884 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 961 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack