Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU - Masters in Accounting
Hello All,

Has anyone completed this from WGU. I am starting to consider schools to earn my masters degree from and WGU is so far at the top of the list due to price and speed. A few general questions about a Masters Program at WGU

1. Is Financial Aid or Student Loans Available at WGU?
2. Is WGU considered a decent school to many? I did some checking and its about 50/50 in my eyes. I found bad and good so I am not sure.
3. Has anyone completed this program in 6 months? I would have Work and then just this (finally). I could focus all my time outside of work towards this program.
4. My second choice is a local state school but will cost around 13k to complete and probably a year and a half maybe two. I don't know if I could handle a full graduate course load and work.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Has anyone completed this from WGU. I am starting to consider schools to earn my masters degree from and WGU is so far at the top of the list due to price and speed. A few general questions about a Masters Program at WGU

1. Is Financial Aid or Student Loans Available at WGU?
2. Is WGU considered a decent school to many? I did some checking and its about 50/50 in my eyes. I found bad and good so I am not sure.
3. Has anyone completed this program in 6 months? I would have Work and then just this (finally). I could focus all my time outside of work towards this program.
4. My second choice is a local state school but will cost around 13k to complete and probably a year and a half maybe two. I don't know if I could handle a full graduate course load and work.

There's a man on the WGU Facebook group who wrote up a guide about completing the Masters program quickly - a peer of his completed it in 3 months, I believe. I think, based on what I know of you from your posts, you could knock it out in 6 months if you devote yourself totally to the program. Financial Aid is available at WGU. My son doesn't qualify, so I don't know the details about the process.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I completed my MBA in Management and Strategy at WGU in 8 months. I was working full time and I would study/write during my lunch breaks, nights and weekends. I could have easily finished the MBA from WGU in under 6 months if I was working on the program full time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU MS in Accounting - Ladder from UMPI pjmix2000 15 1,075 04-08-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 1,054 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 554 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Any Gotchas Going from a BS with the Big Three to WGU for a Masters? retro 10 2,311 10-19-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  WGU to launch new accelerated bachelors to masters degree MNomadic 17 5,311 06-13-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU is working on a Masters in computer science sciencemathematics1 3 4,165 12-31-2020, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Masters of Leadership and Management RoyalSpade 3 2,544 12-11-2020, 07:49 AM
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Accounting Plan - Looking for Feedback elsanti 0 1,576 03-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: elsanti
  Western Governors University accounting program? jrmorgan2011 1 1,195 05-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU - Teaching Masters scorched 1 864 03-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn