Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woolf University - Educational Partnership & Institutions
@Erasec63:

Please don't ruin your heretofore solid credentials with the class of unaccredited school that will get unflattering things said about you behind your back and conceivably to your face.

Any legitimate program you're looking at, try to get them to extend you advanced standing or transfer credit for holding an EdS (and there's a small chance you could additionally get something for holding a second master's).

Look at the EdD from South College. Competency-based at $6000 per 6-month term.
In addition to GCAS Woolf, I could also consider:

https://guiadoscursos.uab.pt/en/doutoramentos/

Regarding Woolf, I like how they look similar to EGS (https://egs.edu/) in focus, but are much cheaper. I think I have seen some of the same professors at both.
@Erasec63, a BALS-Psych is a Bachelors of Liberal Studies, Psych concentration (minor), you really want to go for the cheap, easy, fast doctoral degree, as long as it's accredited. Even a state recognized, unaccredited degree is a notch above the degree/diploma mills, but you still want to do that NA/RA one as a preference for later on... When the time comes for credential reviews, having an accredited/recognized degree will be far better than a lesser known state recognized/unaccredited one.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-21-2024, 06:57 PM)MrPanda Wrote: In addition to GCAS Woolf, I could also consider:

https://guiadoscursos.uab.pt/en/doutoramentos/

Regarding Woolf, I like how they look similar to EGS (https://egs.edu/) in focus, but are much cheaper. I think I have seen some of the same professors at both.

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

(01-21-2024, 06:41 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: @Erasec63:

Please don't ruin your heretofore solid credentials with the class of unaccredited school that will get unflattering things said about you behind your back and conceivably to your face.

Any legitimate program you're looking at, try to get them to extend you advanced standing or transfer credit for holding an EdS (and there's a small chance you could additionally get something for holding a second master's).

Look at the EdD from South College. Competency-based at $6000 per 6-month term.

Thank you, I will take a look!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 44 4,460 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  experience with the University of London Givenes 1 196 05-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  University protests and working past retirement age... bjcheung77 12 598 05-03-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 14 2,044 05-01-2024, 03:56 AM
Last Post: graduatesoon
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 404 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 2,104 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Educational Goals bjcheung77 6 447 03-10-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 913 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,427 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,955 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden